Honored Contributor

Re: One Example of "Inspiration" designed into "GILI"

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1

Hi win, I agree with your assessment of Lisa's style.  I feel her problem is she isn't dressing for her authentic self--she still sees herself as that girl from the hills of Tennessee and desperately tries to overcome it.  She wants to be Madison Avenue and simply tries too hard.  

Another facctor to be considered is her age and body shape.  She has a very curvy body and needs to be aware that it doesn't always work to wear such tight, short clothing (and especially at her age).  Put Courtney (who also is curvy, but has great thighs) in that same outfit and she would probably look au courant and adoreable.  

Hope all is well and wishing you a nice weekend ahead!  

Hi Magic!  I agree!  She tries VERY hard to look young and hip, and she mistakenly thinks these short, tight jackets look good on her  When she was on the Q and had on tops a bit longer, they were so flattering on her  I definitely noticed it.  But then, she gets stuck back in her rut with the odd juxtaposition of choices she wears.  I do agree with your assessment, as well, about the entire "Tennesse thing".  Madison Avenue works in some cases, but it has to be the right choices fitting properly. 

BTW, that jacket I bought is now 20% off at Anthropologie--that olive one with the shimmer sleeves...just sayin.....Smiley Happy

@winamac1

Now don't you go enabling me, Win!  I have been on a buying binge and am trying to reel it in.  But speaking of enabling.  Did you see the Current Elliott flare jeans lola posted in the What's In thread.  I immediately thought of you!  

HI Magic!  I just saw that thread now.  I love SO many of the items that are posted--I can't even count them all, LOL.  Yes, those flare jeans are very much what I like--slim through the body and flare at the bottom. They are just a tad too flare at the bottom, lol, but yes...you know what I like.  I love that one light pink coat too.  There were a lot of cute things.  

I did buy, recently, ANOTHER olive item, LOL.  It's a Banana Republic olive jacket.  I'll try to find it and post a link.  I guess I"m liking olive more this season as you stated.  Hope you have had a great weekend!! Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Here is is Magic--it's SO soft!

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1027264&vid=1&pid=672207002

Honored Contributor

@culebra wrote:

I don't care what everyone says.  Lisa R was a first class professional and did a good job selling GILI.  She clearly was passionate about GILI and it showed.  You can always tell the difference between the new hosts and the seasoned hosts.  LIsa R.when at QVC, Jill Bauer, Mary Beth Rowe, Rick Domier etc. always have smooth running shows. They are all great at their jobs.

I agree Culebra.  I miss LIsa, overall, as a host.  Just because I didn't like her sense of fashion for the most part does not negate that I thought she was solid.  I also like Jill and Rick too.  MB is a good host as well.  The tenured hosts are very competent!

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@winamac1

Win, this jacket is speaking to me on so many levels:

1. I love military-inspired clothing.

2. I love an anorak.

3. It goes without saying--I love olive.  

4. It is available at the store just down the street!

Thanks for sharing!  

Trusted Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

GREAT looking jacket. Love the style and the color!

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@winamac1

Win, this jacket is speaking to me on so many levels:

1. I love military-inspired clothing.

2. I love an anorak.

3. It goes without saying--I love olive.  

4. It is available at the store just down the street!

Thanks for sharing!  

It has been 40% off on and off Magic.  The quality is superb.  It runs BIG.  Size down! I think it's a hit!  Thanks

Honored Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

GREAT looking jacket. Love the style and the color!

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Designers do steal ideas from other designers this is not news to me.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also like to deal in facts (in reply to Lady In Red).  Here's a tale of 2 G.I.L.I. fashion TSVs.  One was done under the "creative direction" of Lisa Robertson.  The other was done under the "creative direction" of Jill Martin.  I'm assuming the design team is the same.  I would not assume that Lisa Robertson had minimal impact of the fashion line.

QVC1.PNG

Esteemed Contributor

@BritishGirl wrote:

I also like to deal in facts (in reply to Lady In Red).  Here's a tale of 2 G.I.L.I. fashion TSVs.  One was done under the "creative direction" of Lisa Robertson.  The other was done under the "creative direction" of Jill Martin.  I'm assuming the design team is the same.  I would not assume that Lisa Robertson had minimal impact of the fashion line.

QVC1.PNG

I think you might be making an assumption.  I don't think Jill Martin has been around long enough for products to have been manufactured under her creative leadership.