Valued Contributor

On the rack, off the rack…

In front of the rack.  I am really hoping some new form of presentation will be developed so these clothing racks can be retired.  Some hosts have one color in front and then they pull another color when the spirit moves them.  Other hosts spend the ten minutes plus taking the hanger off the rack and putting the hanger back on the rack....repeat.  Other hosts pull one color off and then hold that color onto their body and stand in front of the rack.  All the while we at home wonder why we cannot see all of the colors in one shot, unless of course there are fifteen colors.  Maybe a white metal grid panel with each item of clothing hanging on a hook and arranged so we can see a large portion of the color or pattern would be better.  Hosts playing with the clothes like they are our personal shopper  and brief glimpses of models standing like statues also need a redo.  Clothing shows are tedious, boring, mostly uninformative causing too many returns.  And why must each clothing item require a ten minute presentation with more than one person presenting?  I also do not care if five of a color or five hundred of a color are sold.  Just show the availability chart at the bottom of the screen.   Finally, every clothing line, designer line all are presenting the same look with similar colors and fabrics...too repetitive.  And good luck finding a simple tee shirt maxi dress for at home lounging.  If it isn't jogger it is don't bother!

Honored Contributor

Re: On the rack, off the rack…

@Gabidog Yes, there is definitely room for improvement--LOL!!  My biggest gripe (when I watch at all) is the amount of time that is spent on one item.  Boring!

Respected Contributor

The clothing 'rack on wheels' (made of piping) is my concern ... and apparently is rolled straight out of their warehouse.    

When hosts slide a hanger, the noise being heard thru my TV or computer is that of fingernails on a blackboard.  Even my DH, who notices nothing, commented about the cheap looking display racks.  The Q sells a version of flocked hangers--this would keep garments from falling on the floor as they do almost every show!

Honored Contributor

@Gabidog  Is the anything about Q's fashion presentations that pleases you?  You constantly gripe about one thing or another.  It gets old.  They do many things as they do because they are experts in TV sales and after over 30 years in the business, they've learned what works. 

If you consider yourself such an expert in fashion merchandising, perhaps you should apply for a job there where you could apply your expertise.  When you post all your suggestions here, nobody is likely to read them except fellow customers, who have nothing to do with improving things at QVC.  QVC management has never been known to come here for new ideas. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

My only real peeve about how they show the colors of the items is when they use the computer image vs seeing it in person (so to speak). I would prefer to see the garment during tv presentations vs just on my laptop or phone.

Also, not about color, but I do find it less than helpful when they don't show the model in the clothing for very long. They do a quick shot, then back to host talking w/ the designer or rep. I want to see it on a body to see how it drapes, etc. For example, someone posted a question about a swing top and when I watched the video of how it fit on a slim model, I knew there was zero chance that top would look good on my busty body. Meanwhile one of them was saying how the swing top looks good on everyone. No, no it doesn't look good on everyone. Depends on how much fabric is used, how long the garment is and the shape of your body. If you are busty, a short swing top is, imo, going to make you look like you're wearing a maternity top. Save me the hassle of ordering/sending back and show the product on the model and have them turn around, etc.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

They could get a motorized rack....like at the dry cleaner

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

Oh Kachina there you go again.  Maybe if you see one of my posts just do not read it because according to you nobody should have an opinion or idea of how presentations could improve.  If folks from QVC do not want to learn from customers then I feel sorry for their future sales.  And perhaps all you want are glowing praises of all things QVC.  I buy a lot from QVC but that does not mean I like it all.  My heavens you find fault with me!  And you don't even know me.  I was in the fashion business before I retired.  It was furniture and decor where I was a buyer and merchandiser.  And I listened to criticism every day....it helps you improve.  So I am very sorry you find my posts so annoying.  Just take my advice and do not read them.  You know, change the channel.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gabidog   Agree!  I guess Kachina has recovered from her flu!

BTW, I don't even read her posts anymore--LOL!!

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50    Your loss!  LOL. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

My only real peeve about how they show the colors of the items is when they use the computer image vs seeing it in person (so to speak). I would prefer to see the garment during tv presentations vs just on my laptop or phone.

Also, not about color, but I do find it less than helpful when they don't show the model in the clothing for very long. They do a quick shot, then back to host talking w/ the designer or rep. I want to see it on a body to see how it drapes, etc. For example, someone posted a question about a swing top and when I watched the video of how it fit on a slim model, I knew there was zero chance that top would look good on my busty body. Meanwhile one of them was saying how the swing top looks good on everyone. No, no it doesn't look good on everyone. Depends on how much fabric is used, how long the garment is and the shape of your body. If you are busty, a short swing top is, imo, going to make you look like you're wearing a maternity top. Save me the hassle of ordering/sending back and show the product on the model and have them turn around, etc.

I so agree with you about swing tops!!!  I avoid them.  An a-line is better for me.