Honored Contributor

On The Subject Of Corduroy Leggings Again

[ Edited ]

Haven't  received the Hue corduroy leggings from HSN yet, but today I was in Kohls and I tried on a pair of black Vera Wang corduroy leggings. I was in love with how flattering they were. They were nice and long too, I'm tall. 

I wanted to buy them so badly, but they only had large and small. I'm not a small, and the large had a gap in the waist (perpetual bane of my pear shaped existence). They were mid rise I'd say, and I was afraid I would be constantly pulling them up. I could possibly order the medium online and try them. Especially if they can be shipped to the store. I thought about buying the large and taking them to the tailor. But I was paying cash and had to buy some other things, so I nixed that for today.

I know that the Vera leggings at Kohls generally get good reviews. They had so many stretchy denim Vera leggings too. I know the medium wouldn't be as flattering, too tight everywhere else. Tailor might be the solution.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Re: On The Subject Of Corduroy Leggings Again

I am wearing a pr of velvet leggings today. I was a bit hesitant at firs,t  but got them on a red hanger sale

While at the grocery store, a,lady from my church ,stopped to tell me ,I looked extra nice today...

Have you thought about Talbots?

Honored Contributor

@cherry I received a Talbots catalog today. I'm just looking for leggings that are more budget friendly for me right now.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21watch for their red hanger sales. Mine were only $19 ,and they were regularly  $95, and I think they sell talls

Honored Contributor

@cherry Wow that's a great deal

Respected Contributor

Had only one pair of cords years ago:  wore them often but the fabric wore down from normal rubbing as you walked.

They were a gorgeous autumn rust color....

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I had about a dozen pairs of corduroy pants from LandsEnd ... sent them all to Goodwill.

To use QVC hosts favorite expression .... I'm "elevating" my pants wardrobe.  No more corduroy.  Just not working for my lifestyle.