Respected Contributor

On The Homepage Splatterd Jeans

But I can't find them on the Q site anyone know what the item number is? The are a dark wash with splattered different colors.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: On The Homepage Splatterd Jeans

@cuddlesmama 

This may be them, by Martha Stewart. They also come in petites:

https://www.qvc.com/Martha-Stewart-Regular-Paint-Splatter-5-Pocket-Ankle-Jeans.product.A351153.html?...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

I have always felt that if a picture on the home page has attracted the attention of a customer, when clicking on that link, that item should be the first item up on the linked page. Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

I have always felt that if a picture on the home page has attracted the attention of a customer, when clicking on that link, that item should be the first item up on the linked page. Smiley Frustrated

yeah, keep wishing 

Esteemed Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

Yes @avid shopper that would be obvious maerketing, but it is not for the q. Last week I spent hours looking for an item on the homepage only to be told a few days later by customer service that they use stock photos on the home page. Unbelevable!!!!!  With so many tems to sell, they should display them on the home page!

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@avid shopper wrote:

Yes @avid shopper that would be obvious maerketing, but it is not for the q. Last week I spent hours looking for an item on the homepage only to be told a few days later by customer service that they use stock photos on the home page. Unbelevable!!!!!  With so many tems to sell, they should display them on the home page!

It’s not just QVC.  I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve clicked on an email from Nordstrom or the like, with a similar response.  Guess they figure that you may find more things as you are looking. And, I suppose, that one particular item would sell out very quickly.

The problem with the Q is that they will post things before they go on sale/air, so they aren’t even available yet to buy!

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

stock photos?! That's outrageous!

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen Martha's, and I'm sure that they are 'way more' professional............

What if we splattered various colors of fabric paint, say, on old jeans. (?)

Just for fun..........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Not meant to sidetrack Martha's wonderful jeans, but.......

I just ran across a website:  WhoWhatWear..........'Learn How To Splatter Paint Your Jeans In 6 Easy Steps'.

As an added note:

I'm the one who always wishes for a DIY Category in the Community Menu.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@avid shopper wrote:

It’s not just QVC.  I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve clicked on an email from Nordstrom or the like, with a similar response.  Guess they figure that you may find more things as you are looking. And, I suppose, that one particular item would sell out very quickly.

The problem with the Q is that they will post things before they go on sale/air, so they aren’t even available yet to buy!

I agree with you about the clickbait, but it makes the webpage deceptive.  

I also agree some of the items are just posted early.  There was a pair of earth shoes on the qvc home page I liked and searched for and they showed up a few days later as a new item.  The item I was told was maybe a stock photo was a pair of gold earrings for a jewelry sale day, so I wanted to receive the one day sale price if i liked it, but the item was not available.  My guess is the item was not in stock on time for the sale.  they must plan the pictures before the sale and stick with them no matter what.  As a customer, this is infuriating.  They really should link to the item, or link to an out of stock page.  That way, customers don't waste time looking for items we can't buy.  As you state, maybe they think this is a win for them because we may see something else we like and buy.  But I will not be a happy customer.

HSN on the Jay King page features a beautiful necklace that sold out the first week it aired, i would guess at least a year ago, and never came back.  I did see it when it was available (I have an alert for Jay King!), and decided to wait to purchase to see if the price would go down. It didn't!  Never came back.  But the picture is still there now.