Honored Contributor

Re: Olympics- opening ceremony uniforms

Ours were pretty dreadful. Cute in a way, but dreadful none-the-less. I liked Canada's best and then Poland's. I thought France's were rather drab until I got a close-up of them and while I still thought them rather drab, the accent colors of their scarves and hats really perked them up. I think it's time for the US team to award the uniforms to someone else. I love Lauren's fashions and especially his bags, but the US Olympic team uniforms have been lacking for some time as far as I'm concerned, though I did love the last summer Olympic team's grey warm-up jackets, though I'm not sure they were of his design.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

We were wondering, who pays for these?

Honored Contributor

On 2/8/2014 H20gal said:

The whole look, with white floodpants and dark Doc Marten type boots, was very klutzy looking. There is something to be said for simplicity, and I'm surprised Lauren came up with this. The only thing worse was the Japanese bio-hazard lab coats, but I guess that's apropos.

Meltdown chic...

Wink

I don't know... I thought Ireland's fatigue green all-over look took the prize for ugliest uniforms!

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

RL seems always to make navy the focus of our uniforms. There are three colors he could choose to focus upon and I for one would like to see red or white as the predominant color for a change. White would be classy and red would be fresh and cheery... Lose the navy!

Contributor

Dare I say, "Quacker Factory"?

Frequent Contributor

On 2/7/2014 sunshine45 said:
On 2/7/2014 Alter Ego said:

Honestly, the more I see them, the more I like them. Yes, they are busy - but they are also fun.

i agree alter ego.....i think they were done so that we stood out in a crowd, and we certainly did. i think they actually photographed quite well.

via the ny times

I agree! (But then, I also unashamedly sneak in a vintage Quacker Factory sweater around the holidays, teaching Sunday School, etc!)

Honored Contributor

They make a statement, that's for sure. Go USA!

Honored Contributor

I thought many of the countries had very nice uniforms! I think USA looked like a caricature of what Ralph Lauren is known for....way too much of a good thing...but they did look better than the last ones he did.....remember those ridiculous berets?

Jamaica shorts are worn by the Jamaican team....of course! No matter what time of year!

Super Contributor

On 2/8/2014 luvtoshopathome said:
On 2/7/2014 Have6cats said:

As a PROUD AMERICAN...I thought they looked AWESOME!!!

< I so agree with you!!! Its nice to know that some of us are proud. Go USA!!

I believe we are ALL proud even if we did not like the uniforms. Let's try not to insult people. This thread is about fashion not politics or patriotism!
Regular Contributor

As a PROUD AMERICAN...I thought that they looked AWESOME!!!