Frequent Contributor
@ECBG

I really like olive. Thats why I joined the Army! Young and foolish. Not sure what I was doing back in the 70's. Then the uniform change to desert (taupe,beige,etc).

I like blue with olive. My husband is finishing up in the Air Force.😄

I received some great suggestions. I like neutrals, comfortable , loose fitting garments.NOT sloppy. Comfort with style. I want style, outfits put together.
I was hoping to stuck with one designer, mix and match. A balloon dream I believe. In haste, as a new shopper, my first viewing was Lori Gldstein. Interesting concept in design. Though color mixing was not my forte, I thought I would stick to a particular color family. However, I received today, the cotton slub t shirt. All 3. Learned my lesson, until I look at feel, quality, and in some instances (fit), not to order multiples of anything.

Thanks for your assistance.
Frequent Contributor
How do I flag an individual?
Esteemed Contributor

@Kimnola, first, thank you for your service.

I love olive green but look terrible in it.  It is considered a neutral.  If I had worn that color for years, I would be looking at more vibrant colors, but much depends on what you like and your coloring.  The Q has every color and every fashion that you would need to begin a new wardrobe.  Go for it!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I love olive green.  I use olive green, navy and gray for my neutrals.  I try to stay away from black as I have pale older skin and it seems harsh to me but of course I have black pants.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't wear a lot of black. I'm just way too pale for that color. I recently starting buying some olive (as long as it is a bronw base not yellow base) and like it. I am not a fan of green but I can't wear navy all time. I find it to be a neutral and it gives me a change. 

Frequent Contributor
Great advice for me, an older gal!!
Honored Contributor

@Kimnola.   US Air Force vet here; I hate olive green and never purchased anything in an olive green color.  With all of the beautiful colors in the spectrum, why in the world does anyone want to wear olive?  If you think olive is prevalent, wait until you see all of the camo in all sorts of products

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor
Lol
Honored Contributor

@Kimnola wrote:
How do I flag an individual?

@Kimnola@ You type this symbol @ and a drop down menu will come up with different participants in the topic. You just click on the name you want to flag.

Thanks for your service. Have fun with color in your clothes now ☺

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Olive green is OK in small doses. I would never wear it from head to toe like what I saw in Hudson's Bay. The store is clearing out some Lord & Taylor jackets and matching skirts in olive green. The short open front denim jacket with lapels is cute but the matching skirt with the high low flounce hem is a nope. I bought the olive denim jacket on clearance but would not pair it with matching olive pants either. I would wear it with denim blue skinny jeans or black skinny jeans and a print tunic top.