Honored Contributor

I saw these "old school" Dr. Scholl's sandals from J. Crew.

Has anyone bought these since they wore them the first time around?

I like the gingham and the plaid.

Zappos/6pm.com also have some styles-

Honored Contributor

As an aside, I found a "what the what?!" shandal for @MaggieMack @MacDUFF and @Bird mama.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

Wow, what is that a wingtip combined with a kiltie moc.  Now, I don't mind a shandal that is different, but this one is ................

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I remember the Dr. Scholl's shoes.  I could never wear them for any period of time.  They hurt my feet, one more so than the other.  I don't think my feet liked trying to grip on the ball thing near the toe area.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I had a leopard print version a few years ago, and what really struck me was the difference in price. I used to buy them in the drug store for about 9.95 and I paid 40 bucks for the new ones. I always thought that they were comfortable.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I think I remember buying one pair YEARS ago.  These are cute, but my feet would never tolerate them now.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor
I had some of the Dr. Scholl's way back, the thing about them I remember the most is that they were loud when you walked on hard surfaces, lol. These look like they have something other than wood on the bottom, that might help with that. My feet wouldn't tolerate them at this point.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

Yes I remember wearing these slides and the clacking noise when I would walk. 

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono  Thank you for posting these.  I have always been ga-ga for gingham!  Hope these are still as comfortable as they were 40 years ago.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I wore those Dr. Scholl wooden sandals and what I remember about them is when they partially slipped off and the arch of your foot would land right at the back heel part of the sandal...OUCH!!Woman Surprised I just hated that.Woman Mad