Esteemed Contributor

Old Handkerchief dress brought back?

[ Edited ]

Laughing at the 4:45 fashion.   Looks like a back of the closet clean-out...MB says she loves it but........to me she looks more like the Carol Burnett cleaning lady TV show of years ago.

Honored Contributor

Re: Old Handkershiff dress brought back?

@fthunt   You're right about the style but I think you mean handkerchief as in hankie.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Old Handkerchief dress brought back?

I will have to say that dress was not at all a good look on MB. I noticed it immediately and had to really wonder about this choice. 😬

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Old Handkershiff dress brought back?

Hmm ... they call it a caftan style dress. I'm not loving it. 

caftan dress.PNG

This is more what I think of for hankerchief dresses. I would wear the one below when I was on vacation and/or at our beach house in the summer.

Handkerchief dress.PNG

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

The skirt is pretty cute and would sell on Sundance with all of the bright colors.

I don't think the dress on Mary Beth would sell although, she is beautiful!

Honored Contributor

The dress is a beautiful color and MB is a beautiful lady....I just don't think this dress is particularly flattering for her.

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of the odd hem lines...I prefer straight hems, on tops, skirts and pants.

Honored Contributor

The stylist's that chose what the host wears does a very poor job in my estimation.  They dont consider how the host looks in it.  Not all fashion looks good on all women.

Speaking for myself if I were a host I would refuse to wear some of the outfits they chose, not because of the clothing itself, but the way it would look on my body type.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I thought it looked frumpy and the material seemed thin because druing the presentaion I could see rolls, sorry but I need those to be completely hidden.

Honored Contributor

That brand, Truth+Style, seems to do those kinds of hemlines. Kirsten had another T+S dress on her show the other day also. Maybe it's just a brand thing and not really something that's coming back in full force.