Valued Contributor

Okay the hoopla is over, Please release the jewelry

I can't believe they haven't released any of the jewelry. Thought maybe they were delaying until Lisa's day was over but Godfreak released sneak peaks in Fashion Talk this morning and still no jewelry. Guess they're aiming for Valentine's Day.{#emotions_dlg.mad}

Okay, on Louis' blog he says on the 18th.. Cutting it close for XMas, forget about parties before XMas.{#emotions_dlg.mad}

Honored Contributor

Re: Okay the hoopla is over, Please release the jewelry

I have been away a while and have not been keeping up but checked on LDO newest and only found jewelry. Is Louis going into jewelry exclusively or is this just a drought for his apparel design?

Valued Contributor

His Ask Louis segment on his website gets filled up and deleted but he had commented he was releasing a lot of new after the first of the year and taking a break through the holidays and would be back in January. In Oct, Nov and early Dec we really got bombarded with a lot of clothing to the point our credit cards were in need of cpr. So as much as there seems to be a empty bubble right now and he's not doing any holiday clothing, he'll be back in January with many new clothing temptations.

The issue with the jewelry is some wanted to wear to our parties etc. Don't know why the late release. Much of the jewelry is definitely glitz, dressy baubles.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, Happy Lady. I just had a fear he was "tired" of designing or this new management had cut out his apparel designs. Good to know.

Esteemed Contributor

Not much jewelry anymore, the money is in electronics.

Contributor

I am disappointed with the timing of the release of the Linea new jewelry. It would have been perfect to wear at holiday parties!

Honored Contributor

On 12/13/2014 HAPPY LADY said:

I can't believe they haven't released any of the jewelry. Thought maybe they were delaying until Lisa's day was over but Godfreak released sneak peaks in Fashion Talk this morning and still no jewelry. Guess they're aiming for Valentine's Day.{#emotions_dlg.mad}

Okay, on Louis' blog he says on the 18th.. Cutting it close for XMas, forget about parties before XMas.{#emotions_dlg.mad}

What would Lisa's departure have to do with offering Linea jewelry? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

I said the same thing on Louis' blog about the jewelry arriving hopefully before Christmas. Maybe a NYE party it could be used for!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Timing is dreadful for the new jewelry. Should have been available early November. I think the release date of the 18th will really hurt sales. I know I will not be buying.

Honored Contributor

On 12/13/2014 queendiva said:

Timing is dreadful for the new jewelry. Should have been available early November. I think the release date of the 18th will really hurt sales. I know I will not be buying.

I am afraid you are correct. Really, sometimes the paranoia in me regarding the Linea line cannot help but bubble up. Is such timing intended or just the luck of the outcome -- manufacturing time and distribution?

Sometimes I feel as though the business minds at QVC are not the sharpest or the group is deliberately Machiavellian, hoping to diminish sales. (My pablum must have been spiked today.)

[I just thought of something. It seems to me that Linea's bling was deliberately intended to follow the Elizabeth Taylor bling so that Liz's line had first dibs at customers who like that look. Just a thought.]