Esteemed Contributor

Re: Okay, so why do we really watch fashion shows we don't like?

@dosey

Since we haven't talked about all the cars of his own my husband has totalled, maybe you should reserve judgment regarding his driving skills!  LOL

I'm glad you found a suitable car for your son, dosey.  I think it is great that you will have some expectations with regard to gas and insurance.  One of my sisters has two kids in college and they have to share a car, but I am almost positive they don't pay for insurance, gas, maintenance etc.  My niece insists this is the last year she will be living here.  In fact, I think she wants to move to your state all in the name of warmer weather.  She is studying to be a pharmacist but I am not sure if she has found a school there.  

One of my favorite HGTV shows is Fixer Upper.  I really appreciate Joanna's aesthetic when remodeling some of those older country homes. But it takes lots of money!  

@magicmoodz

Hi, magic.  Life is expensive.  I don't want my kids to be shocked when they are on their own.  LOL!

If your niece wants to attend pharmacy school in SC, she should look at South Carolina College of Pharmacy in Charleston or Columbia.  Presbysterian College in Clinton also has a pharmacy school.  I know three pharmacists (just acquaintances), and they attended the school in Charleston.  One works for CVS.  The other two are married to each other.  The husband owns several pharmacies that his dad started.

I love the renovation shows on HGTV.  Sometimes I think it takes more money to renovate than it does to build a house.  One of my favorite HGTV shows was Divine Design with Candice Olson.  She is a decorating genius.  Even when the new style wasn't my taste, I still loved the outcome.  She never missed a detail.

Hope you have a super weekend!

@dosey

Thanks for the info on schools in your area.  I will definitely pass it on to my niece.  

Oh, dosey, I used to love Divine Design--the BEST HGTV show!   My sister-in-law used to have recurring dreams that Candice Olson would call asking if she could remodel sil's home.  She would wake up euphoric only to be let down by the realization that it was just a dream!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

ha, as I was reading your post, it made me think how few shows actually hold my attention for the entire time.  I was getting tires put on my car yesterday afternoon and was in the waiting room which of course had a tv.  I watched part of one show while trying to read the book I had brought instead.  When the next show came on, I realized that I was not going to be able to put up with it so I went outside and sat on the benches they have to get away from it.

I feel that way about a lot of programming on shopping channels, too.  I don't watch unless it is something that interests me and the presenter also has to not bug the heck out of me, too. 

Esteemed Contributor

@FLgardener you're fine, most people IMO understood your point.

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach or courses in reading & comprehension.

Super Contributor

Okay...so, are Shawn and issac Valley Girls?  "Like...like...like" every time they say anything. 

Honored Contributor

I enjoy watching the fashions; seeing what's out there..I just wish they didn't spend so much time on a single item!

Honored Contributor

I have, just in the past few weeks, started watching some of the fashion programming again, after taking a long break from it. I don't watch to criticize, and generally don't post any critical comments (but have been known to occassionally). Unfortunately, there is often a lot of blaringly obvious points to criticize, if you are of a mind to do that. The shows do leave a lot to be desired. I can ignore most of it, but do wish they left the personal chit chat off, behaved a bit more professionally and provided more pertinent information regarding the products they are wanting to sell. I'm not watching to get my chuckles of the day, but to see if I want what they are showing.

"To each their own, in all things".