Respected Contributor

Okay, I am confused about this?

Watching the D&B show and they're talking about "gray" being the color of the year. I thought it was "radiant orchid?" If it is RO I haven't seen that color near as much as the gray or navy. Can someone help me understand what color of the year is suppose to mean? TIA
Respected Contributor

Re: Okay, I am confused about this?

There are also trending colors each year. I don't think there is just one. Of course, the trending color is usually whatever they are showing at the moment.

Just buy what you like.

Super Contributor

Grey is trending for the fall. Orchid was for the whole year.

Honored Contributor

Well, Radiant Orchid is the Pantone Color of the Year 2014. And Exclusive Plum (looks kind of gray) is the Sherwin Williams Color of the Year 2014. So I guess "color of the year" depends on who or what you're talking to or about.

Trusted Contributor

It's mildly interesting to see what the "powers that be" decide are the trending colors for the season or the year. However, I pay very little attention to this when shopping. I buy colors I like and that look good on me, whether they're "trending" or not. There are always many colors to choose from. And I look awful in radiant orchid........

Respected Contributor

Thanks Mima! I try not to follow trends so much and dress in what I like and feel comfortable with. I use to never wear gray and black until I started riding motorcycle. Thanks for the advice. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Gray is being shown everywhere. Dark gray has been a wardrobe staple for me for years. It goes with everything.

Respected Contributor

I've read that navy is the new black. {#emotions_dlg.confused1} I needed a gray purse and looked in many stores before I found one; most places had none at all, but they did have lots and lots of navy.

I guess it's who you ask?! I just wear what I like...

Respected Contributor

I have always loved gray for many years. I really don't go by the color of the season. At least I will be in style this year. Just wear the colors that look best on you. Don't succumb to peer pressure from magazines or the Q.