Respected Contributor

Re: Ok, I'll be the first little ray of snarky sunshine today....

"Cannot ship to AK, HI, PR, VI, Guam " pretty much explains why I don't watch garden days.

Valued Contributor

I positively cannot stand the gardening shows. The vendors show these huge beautiful flowering plants for about 15 minutes, and then in a flash they show you what they plants that they send you will look like, and they are tiny plants that will take months and months, perhaps multiple growing seasons (if they survive) to look like what was shown earlier. A whole day of that? I don't think so.

They only all day events I will follow are the "fashion" days and jewelry, as there is a little bit of variety there, at least. I used to like the cooking days, but now it is the same old temp-tations and kitchen aid and the Kansas City steaks over and over again. I have been watching now for almost 10 years, and I guess the thrill is gone, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/20/2015 silkyk said:

I was cleaning out a closet the other day and came across an OLD Q program guide from years and years ago and wow what a difference in programing. Back then it changed every hour! And fun shows like an hour of earrings (not overpriced designer stuff) or an hour of sweaters (all different brands and styles) etc. That's when it was fun to shop here! Check out what was on and if not interested just check back next hour. Now just the same ole over and over ad nauseam. I couldn't believe how many hours of vacuum cleaners was on the other day. Really?! Incredible! Best thing about the new horrible programing it is that I am saving big $$$. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

When I first started watching the Q, it seemed that every other hour was jewelry. It was wonderful to relax and watch. Now it is blah whenever I check it out.

Honored Contributor

Two-hour gardening shows a few times a day is plenty, IMO.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

It's too early to even think about gardening. At least in our area. Spring will come soon enough and then I will go to a local nursery to purchase all the annuals I will need for our beds and flower pots on the porch and deck. That usually happens in mid May. By the middle of July, I am already tired of watering, pruning, pinching, dead heading, weeding and fertilizing.