Trusted Contributor

Re: Oh What a Beaut! Just Received Bead & Hammered Link Necklace in Gunmetal (J278125)

OK.......I decided to go for it in the brasstone, and look forward to enjoying my first LDO purchase of any kind! Dainty or "faint of heart" I ain't; I like dramatic, statement jewelry, and this looks to be in that realm. At half price, it was hard to resist, and I can use the pinks and rose tones in the necklace. I don't have much jewelry in that color range at the moment. I'm hoping I'll agree with others that the beads don't look too "plastic-y".

Thanks for posting the tip on this nice piece!

Smile

Trusted Contributor

Re: Oh What a Beaut! Just Received Bead & Hammered Link Necklace in Gunmetal (J278125)

On 12/11/2014 HAPPY LADY said:
On 12/11/2014 GoodStuff said:

I just looked this up, and it's very pretty -- and a good reduced price, too! Reviews say it's "big" and "an important necklace" -- which is usually just my style. Can you tell me if the faceted beads are glass, plastic, or what material? I don't care for jewelry with plastic beads.

The beads are not glass, I don't know what they are but they are beautiful. I don't wear anything that looks cheap. This does not. Louis does not sell cheap looking jewelry. I wear big jewerly often and a lot at one time. I have worn three of these all jumbled up as a big messy torsade and also three worn loose and down. Look very expensive. I wear Heidi Daus big necklaces to the grocery store. I wear my jewelry whenever and wherever. This is it; now or never. I don't think we come around again.

I just re-read your post, Happy Lady, and like another poster, I hope to share your spirit. Go big or go home.......and enjoy it NOW and OFTEN! I hope I run into you sometime in the grocery store wearing your Heidi Daus. I love watching her shows, although I own only one of her pieces. Don't bother me with dainty little chains and delicate pendants; I like jewelry that stands up and talks to people!

Respected Contributor

It's amazing how the photo doesn't look like the actual necklace. It is so much more beautiful with wonderful color beads.
Trusted Contributor

Well, I just received my J278125 necklace yesterday in bronzetone -- my first ever Linea purchase! And I'm still evaluating it and thinking how I might wear it and with what. The faceted beads are plastic of some sort, but very clear, sharply defined, and nice -- not a "cheap plastic" look. They're bold, but not overly large, and I like the colors and can use them in my jewelry wardrobe -- smoke, a golden tone, and a couple of shades of deep pink and rose. The bronze metal parts of the necklace are bold and rather rough and primitive- looking. Really big, rough-hammered bronze links that rattle a bit and are an unexpected juxtaposition with the sleek, modern beads. It's unusual, but seems well made. I like the colors and bold look, like the versatile length, and I like things that are striking and unusual.......so I think I'll keep it. Especially at half price for about $20, it's a fair buy. I'm not totally blown away, though. This one may take a little experimentation and getting used to.

Respected Contributor

I received my necklaces in both the gold & brass tones and they are wonderful!!! The metals are close enough in tone to wear them together and the color range in the stones really gives me a lot of flexibility with color matches. I was wearing an olive mohair sweater when the brass one arrived, tried it on and didn't take it off! Matched my outfit perfectly in both color & weight. The necklaces are a big/bold look and such a GREAT deal at a $20 clearance price. It's a no-brainer purchase decision. So happy I got them. Just wish the gunmetal wasn't backordered!

Trusted Contributor

I am sending my brasstone back - it has to be defective. I've never seen anything so hideous in my life. I thought the beads would be glass, but they are cheesy plastic and they seem to have dirt manufactured right into them, and many of them have abrasions on them. I swear I felt dirt fall out of it when I unwrapped it!

Gag, I took one look and back in the bag it went. What a disappointment! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Valued Contributor

This necklace is now on Limited Quantity sales in gold or brass for $20.70. I got all three colors before the gunmetal sold out. I ordered the gunmetal first and loved it so went back and got the gold and the brass too. These are fabulous necklaces in my opinion.

Valued Contributor

On 12/20/2014 PilatesLover said:

I am sending my brasstone back - it has to be defective. I've never seen anything so hideous in my life. I thought the beads would be glass, but they are cheesy plastic and they seem to have dirt manufactured right into them, and many of them have abrasions on them. I swear I felt dirt fall out of it when I unwrapped it!

Gag, I took one look and back in the bag it went. What a disappointment! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

PilatesLover, I would so send that back, can't imagine where that necklace has been.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Respected Contributor

That's too bad; my brasstone one (that I paid full price for) is great. I wear a lot of cotton dresses in the summer and I remember throwing one on with a loose fitting one that had a pink and red print the day I got it.

I think it takes some confidence to wear the Linea statement pieces but once you do, it becomes easier. I gave a friend the long white pearls when she graduated college at fifty seven. Six months later she said she really had no place to wear them and wanted to give them back. I told her wear them once and then I'll take them back.

She wore them once, called me and said she was keeping them.

Valued Contributor

On 12/20/2014 lavendar said:

That's too bad; my brasstone one (that I paid full price for) is great. I wear a lot of cotton dresses in the summer and I remember throwing one on with a loose fitting one that had a pink and red print the day I got it.

I think it takes some confidence to wear the Linea statement pieces but once you do, it becomes easier. I gave a friend the long white pearls when she graduated college at fifty seven. Six months later she said she really had no place to wear them and wanted to give them back. I told her wear them once and then I'll take them back.

She wore them once, called me and said she was keeping them.

Good for you Lavendar, sometimes friends need encouragement to step out of their comfort zones, or habits, and try something different. It's so much easier and faster to wear something we've worn before and felt comfortable in. I read this often on these posts. As we age and bodies change, and styles change, you have to willing to try new looks. Some work and sometimes you see pictures of yourself or a friend and say to yourself "What was I/she thinking!!!" It's not permanent and now we have 30 day return policies, thank goodness.