Regular Contributor

Oh WOW QVC...What a surprise!

"Where's My Refund?

We are experiencing an issue with returns that may delay your refund. Please note that these delays will not affect your holiday returns."

SHOCKER!

Honored Contributor

Re: Oh WOW QVC...What a surprise!

Not good.  Nothing irritates me more than untimely refunds. It's ok if it's just a day or three longer.  I returned an item to another online retailer in November and it took them 35 days to process it.  I bought a Dooney during their 12 days of Christmas 3 years ago and it took them 49 days to process the return.  I won't buy from either of them again.  

Honored Contributor

Maybe they're out of money and don't have anything to send.  That's the only plausible "issue" I can think of that would delay crediting what's due on returns.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The delay is likely related to the quantity.  January has to be the top return month.

Trusted Contributor

The longer they can keep several people's returns, the more interest they'll make on that money before they're forced to return it.  Think about how many returns they get at this time of year.  Look for them to keep your money as long as the law will allow.  You didn't expect QVC to do anything for their customers, did you?

Respected Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

The delay is likely related to the quantity.  January has to be the top return month.

Oh no.  It can't be the reason.  That makes too much sense.  Ugh.

Respected Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I agree.  I really don't think they are holding things up on purpose -- totally ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn’t be too hard on QVC. I’m sure this is the busy return time of year. I returned an item on December 19th & started tracking it about a week later. USPS tracking showed it left Honolulu on 12/22 so I figured it would take about 3 weeks for the return to process. I waited & waited & waited but the USPS tracking only continued to show it left Honolulu on 12/22. I emailed Customer Care about 3 weeks into it and they were seeing the same progress as I was seeing, so they went ahead and gave me my refund and it posted in 3 days. Just for grins, I checked the USPS tracking Sunday and lo and behold it made it to LA on 1/20. Almost a full month to cross the Pacific! I had quite a chuckle. Although it still hasn’t made it back to QVC, at least I can now see movement. Moral of the story, I think QVC Customer Care is trying their best (yes, some are more accommodating than others) to service us.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Never experienced problems with returns. Receive email letting me know item on the way back. Qvc always sends confirmation email received the package. Imo outstanding performance. Thank you, CS.⚘

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

@GCR18. Quantity of what?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment