Honored Contributor
On 8/25/2014 SoX said:
On 8/25/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 8/25/2014 MJ 12 said:
On 8/25/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I hate the look of this from behind and I think it looks stupid with a jacket over it. I agree with Sammijo. This wasn't meant to be worn with a jacket over the top. I think this looks terrible.

LipstickDiva - don't hold back, tell us how you really feel {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I agree with everything you said.

You know usually I'm not this outspoken but something came over me. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Awww ... get it off your chest, you'll feel better. Careful, though, or you'll be branded as an over-50, basic Q shopper who likes frumpy clothes; and only came here to bash Lisa and GILI because you're not fashion forward. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}Wink

o/t hi Sox! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor
Needs sleeves, not such a long " train", then it would look right. You are right, her face is smoothed out. Humm
Frequent Contributor
On 8/25/2014 Favorite Son said:

Well, I like many of the things in the GILI line and to date one of my biggest complaints has been "nice styles, cheap fabric" or "nice style, defectively designed." I guess I'm going to have to move on from that position. With this piece, the line veers precipitously into the Land of Trying Too Hard.

It was perilously close to the border with this piece, but completely there now.

G.I.L.I. Lined Sleeveless Peplum Hem Top

This just looks two dinner napkins tacked on the side of a tunic.

The peplum top is stupid looking - contrived, silly, lame. All for your enjoyment in cheap ponte. Lisa can make just about anything look passable, but it is just foolish looking. The girl worries about some of the things she wore in the 1980s and yet thinks this is a good design?

That should have an even peplum hem. The fabric is too thick for the shark bite/dinner napkin design. That model is probably somewhere along the lines of a size 2, but that top makes her look huge. When I first saw the picture I thought it was a maternity blouse.

She does have some very cute clothes, but I don't like ordering online. Shipping is so high that I could take that money and put it toward more clothes that I can try on and know that I like it. I have no trouble finding clothes I love in a department store. I used to buy all the time from Q, but just too much shipping costs especially when having to return items.

Frequent Contributor
On 8/25/2014 luvtoshopathome said:
On 8/25/2014 Gavorrano said:

I have to say that I find myself more and more buying fashions from HSN and moving away from QVC. They have a couple of collections that offer high end materials with very good prices (IMAN Platinum being one of them).

I have just returned my QVC leather jacket (TSV a few days ago) and got an IMAN's leather jacket for less and much more modern and "high-end". They actually cannot keep anything from her Platinum collection in stock.

Not happy about it - QVC seems to be driving away the actual designers in lieu of their 'own designers'. They are moving towards offering only apparel that they 'control' like GILI, Denin & Cia, Susan G, and the list goes on... I miss Bradley Bayou, DVF, and the way Linea used to be (real leather, no synthetics..) - and that would be OK if they offered pieces of high quality, well designed, modern, etc... but I do not see that happening.

I'm sorry but Iman's collection is cheaply made, her leather is terrible and the quality is poor. Anything I purchased from her collection went back. She is part of the Joy Mangano conglomerate. So that may tell you something. When they were on together presenting that TSV supposed leather handbag, I purchased 1 for my mom. It was a horror, it was a thin piece of poor quality leather glued onto hard cardboard and it had dents in it. It received many terrible reviews as do other items that are no longer on their website and they did not sell out. What I found is that if an item consistently receives bad reviews, they change the item number, therefore, not showing any reviews. I think that the top looks good on Lisa but not on someone with an hourglass figure. As far as it being too expensive, have you seen the prices of clothing lately on the Q? Lori Goldstein has those thin shark bite tops for $50-60 that hang so unflattering. If you think the Gili top is overpriced, then you need to blame the Q, they set the prices.

That bag is on the website with all colors available. I watched the presentation but it looked cheap, and across the bottom is two pieces of "leather" instead of one solid piece. It has the Joy and Iman nameplate on it and I didn't care for that either. Around the bottom it looks like a dollar store bag. Actually dollar store bags look better than that. Joy's products are known for being cheap junk from China so if I had any idea at all about buying that bag, that alone would put a stop to it.

I just watched the latest video. The handle is caving in on the left side of the brown bag in front of the woman who is selling them. The bag the model is carrying is caving in. When they do shots of the other bags you can see the puckering where it was sewn crooked.

Then I read some of the reviews. After one to two weeks the "leather" starts peeling. And I didn't read many to find that. Not to mention the broken watches, broken zippers, coming apart at the seams. If Iman will put her name on something like that I'm not going to try her line either. Although some of her pieces may be cute I'm not sure about the quality so not going to waste money shipping inferior products back.

It may have cost them two bucks to make that bag. That's why these shopping channels are getting rid of good designers because it's cutting into their profit and that's the bottom line.

Respected Contributor

Oh, I love the drum major comparison!

However, the drum major would draw more respect--Lisa's ensemble is comical.