Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oh! No! Not Crop Pants....Not Again!

@Catiele wrote:

Maybe it's short people that don't like crops. I'm short and can't wear them.

I'm 4'10" and love crops. I have a couple pairs of denim crop jeans from the Q which I've been wearing for a long time.

Esteemed Contributor

Although I have some cropped leggings, I also like crop pants that hit several inches above the ankle.  A nice length for showing off shoes.

Respected Contributor

Well I'm not short and I love them. Bring on the cropped pants, capris, pedal pushers...and shorts. I wear them all.

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

We're all different shapes and sizes.  On me, ankle pants fit like regular pants - down to my heels.  I have to buy capris that I can roll a cuff on or they're too long. 

And, crop pants are that horrible in-between on me that look like they shrunk in the washer.  A definite "no." 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo 

At  5 feet tall I am in the same boat, I have had crop pants shortened so they hit just right, it not always easy being a "little girl"

@tototwo wrote:

We're all different shapes and sizes.  On me, ankle pants fit like regular pants - down to my heels.  I have to buy capris that I can roll a cuff on or they're too long. 

And, crop pants are that horrible in-between on me that look like they shrunk in the washer.  A definite "no." 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I won't be wearing them because I look like I outgrew my pants and my parents couldn't afford to get me new ones that were long enough.  

Besides QVC or any other retailer isn't going to convince me to wear them.

Bermudas fall to the top of the knee. 

Pedal pushers fall right below the knee.

Capris fall mid-calf.

Crop, high water, floods, somewhere between mid-calf and the ankle.  

High-water pants are slacks with a length that sits above the ankle. They are also called "flood pants" or "flooders." The name comes from being so high that the hem is protected from getting wet even in flood waters.

The term "high-water pants" first came into use in the 1850s. They are often seen on children who have grown so much that their pants are too short.  Not to be confused with capris that are mid-calf.  High-water pants were considered a fashion faux pas.  

@Foxxee You left out "clam diggers" but I think they would be the same as capris.  It seems people either love them or hate them.  I don't care for them on me. They look OK on tall, slim and mostly younger women. I do have some that I wear doing yard work but it is a no go for me to wear them out in public. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The wonderful thing about fashion is all of the choices we have. For those that don't like crop pants, there are capris, pedal pushers, bermuda shorts, regular shorts, ankle pants, full length pants to choose from.

Valued Contributor

Annabellethecat -- We call them floods because it appears that the wearer is expecting a flood.

In the summertime here in hot, humid, horrible hell, dresses reign if one wants to be less hot, sticky, wet, miserable.  If you want cool, you stay inside.

Respected Contributor

They're alright, but the need to offer all pants style with a tall option. 

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I am so short, I am happy when I see crop pants because I just buy them to use as regular pants!