Honored Contributor

Oh! No! Not Crop Pants....Not Again!

I hate crop pants.  My mother and grandma used to call pants that looked like that were called "waders".

Something like that.  I tried looking it up and got the weirdest answers.

They just look like the wearer couldn't make up their mind what they wanted to wear....long or short pants.

Although, I'm finding I can order some crop pants and they fit like ankle pants.

Due to back issues I've actually shrunk 1 hole inch.  Now I'm 5'3" so I can buy regular size and they fit like regular ankl pants.  

Yea!  There's an upside to everything.....

Honored Contributor

Re: Oh! No! Not Crop Pants....Not Again!

I love my crops!! I would never wear shorts or peddle pushers at this point, so crops are my best option in summer, keep them coming!! I am also 5'3 on a good day!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Where I live they are a blessing because it is so hot here.  I love them, and wear them all the time--as do almost everybody else in the summer.   Let me edit that to say capris (shorter ones) are probably seen more than real crops.

I have some crops I wear to look a little more put together. I wear them with ballet flats. 

Except the. younger crowd who wear shorts--very.  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   LOL.  That's how we start the Spring fashion season, with cropped pants.  Then as the weather warms we'll progress to capris, then peddle pushers.   Eventually we'll get to Bermudas and shorts.  I agree, crops are most unflattering and if they're wide, they're awful.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I'm 5'7", love crops, wear them everyday for 3 seasons & just hate putting them away for winter...I dress for me so if they go out of style I'll still be wearing them. Enjoy your crop, now ankle pants @Annabellethecat66.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Where I live they are a blessing because it is so hot here.  I love them, and wear them all the time--as do almost everybody else in the summer.   Let me edit that to say capris (shorter ones) are probably seen more than real crops.

I have some crops I wear to look a little more put together. I wear them with ballet flats. 

Except the. younger crowd who wear shorts--very.  

@Sooner I do as well.  Both look cute with sandals.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Maybe it's short people that don't like crops. I'm short and can't wear them.

Honored Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

Maybe it's short people that don't like crops. I'm short and can't wear them.

@Catiele   I agree. I can't wear them because they "cut my leg" and cause a break in the line I'm trying to create. Now, cropped or capris in ladies' pants are perfect on me...hit just below the ankle and no tailoring needed. I scoop them up immediately instead of full length jeans or pants. 

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I hate crop pants.  My mother and grandma used to call pants that looked like that were called "waders".

They just look like the wearer couldn't make up their mind what they wanted to wear....long or short pants.

Although, I'm finding I can order some crop pants and they fit like ankle pants.

Due to back issues I've actually shrunk 1 hole inch.  Now I'm 5'3" so I can buy regular size and they fit like regular ankl pants.  

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I used to wear them but feel like they're old lady looking & I'm 5'7 and old. The IM 24/7 crops look a little better which look more fitted. They used to call them flood pants or high water pants. I usually buy mens long shorts that hit the knee to mow the yard but in the summer just ankle pants if I go out. 

Honored Contributor

Well I'm not wearing shorts...that's for sure. Crops are about the next best thing for me anyway.