Honored Contributor

Re: Oh My! THAT Was A Blazer!!!!

@gertrudecloset 

I love wool gabardine (or what is called summer wool).  I used to buy a lot of that at Laura Ashley.  Alas, no more.  No reasonably priced stores in my area that sell such.  Only Saks.

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435  blazer, jeans and crisp my shirt! Love! That's my go to look!

Respected Contributor

@ECBG keep looking! I know you find one you love!

Esteemed Contributor

Peak Lapel Wool Gabardine Blazer 0

Wool Gabardine Classic Blazer 0

Found these two Wool Gaberdine) on NM.  Extremely expensive.  Many can afford it's price, but not me.  $$$$

Wool is also has moisture wicking properties and repels water naturally.  It's a wonder fabric.  Can keep you warm and dry.  Can be worn in milder temps too (not necessarily summer), but warmer months as well if it is fashioned that way.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

NM usually has frequent sales on Lafayette 148.  That might be something to check on.  I know they are high but sometimes they have 60% off sales.

I FOUND A Layfette 148 on Ebay:  Black blazer New York Women's Samson Wool One-button blazer, BHFO 7279,  (new with tags $149.60).  In the store, they are $900.

Respected Contributor

@Franklinbell   Blazers contribute to what I call my "effortless" dressing look.  Never have been ben a morning person so the easier to get up and get "caffeined" awake and out the door to get to class or thhe job has always worked for me.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@nyc1 wrote:

I have a number of Louis Del'Olio Linea blazers that I bought throughout the years and are still gorgeous and in style.  I also have several Jones New York and Calvin Klein blazers that were purchased about 30 years ago.  Two are black velvet...  again,  if I put them on today (too hot for velvet right now!!!!!)  people would think they were purchased recently.  CLASSICS never go out of style.  The fit, finish and fabric  ... magnificent.

PLEASE LET US KNOW how you make out @ECBG .

@nyc1 

So do I. I have some great LDO blazers, some Jones NY, Calvin Klein and a couple really cute Michael Kors. I miss Stein-Mart.  I could occasionally get great clothing there in their salon area for great savings.  

@Nonametoday   Many decades ago I used to shop Loehmanns.  When I was  young my Mom and I would go to the Loehmanns in the Bronx because that was the  big one and the best.  Then when I got older I went to the ones in Queens and NJ.   They had huge open dressing rooms and women would come in with stacks of clothes on their arm, and just try on one thing after another.  It was so much fun because back then, the clothes were top notch from all the best stores, and NOT MADE FOR discount store items, like most of them are now.  I got the most amazing clothes,  some designer, and handbags, etc.  I always got there right before the store opened and planned my strategy.   Sadly,  you don't find stores like this anymore.  Just about everything is now cheaped and made for the disount store instead of being last season's item from Bloomies, Nordstroms, Saks, etc or an overrun.   It was so much fun shopping those stores.

Honored Contributor

HiRe: Oh My! THAT Was A Blazer!!!!

[ Edited ]

I got a black blazer a couple of years ago from the Jones New York web site for a great bargain price. It fits as if it was tailored for me. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@nyc1 wrote:

I have a number of Louis Del'Olio Linea blazers that I bought throughout the years and are still gorgeous and in style.  I also have several Jones New York and Calvin Klein blazers that were purchased about 30 years ago.  Two are black velvet...  again,  if I put them on today (too hot for velvet right now!!!!!)  people would think they were purchased recently.  CLASSICS never go out of style.  The fit, finish and fabric  ... magnificent.

PLEASE LET US KNOW how you make out @ECBG .

@nyc1 

So do I. I have some great LDO blazers, some Jones NY, Calvin Klein and a couple really cute Michael Kors. I miss Stein-Mart.  I could occasionally get great clothing there in their salon area for great savings.  

@Nonametoday   Many decades ago I used to shop Loehmanns.  When I was  young my Mom and I would go to the Loehmanns in the Bronx because that was the  big one and the best.  Then when I got older I went to the ones in Queens and NJ.   They had huge open dressing rooms and women would come in with stacks of clothes on their arm, and just try on one thing after another.  It was so much fun because back then, the clothes were top notch from all the best stores, and NOT MADE FOR discount store items, like most of them are now.  I got the most amazing clothes,  some designer, and handbags, etc.  I always got there right before the store opened and planned my strategy.   Sadly,  you don't find stores like this anymore.  Just about everything is now cheaped and made for the disount store instead of being last season's item from Bloomies, Nordstroms, Saks, etc or an overrun.   It was so much fun shopping those stores.

@nyc1 

Yes, we had stores like that in Atlanta.  Same thing.  The Christmas displays were so amazing.  Just enraptured people at the holidays but the stores were delightful all  year long and the cosmetic counters did not smell of cheap cologne but fine parfums from Italy and Paris.  I can still see it.  I can't even tell my children how delightful.  A couple remember living there toward the end of the heydays but two do not.  We lived in the best times. 

Honored Contributor

Oh dear .....   at one time I had almost 50 blazers, and I thought I had finally broken my addiction ....

Well, lucky for me, it's currently 97 degrees outside, and even the thought of trying on a blazer stops me immediately.