Respected Contributor

Re: Oh My! THAT Was A Blazer!!!!

@ECBG that's the way to do it.....    watch watch watch and hope that if/when it goes on sale...  your size is still there!!!!   DARN.   Maybe ask the store if they are anticipating putting things (your blazer) on sale any time soon.   Sometimes they tell you!  

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 @gnomie1 @Trinity11 @Nonametoday 

I'm thinking I'll wait until fall ladies.

Several concerns.  A year round weight blazer isn't usually available in the height of the summer and I won't wear a summer blazer.

I don't want an unlined blazer, most of them are now.  I know lined makes a blazer fit the best and look the best when you're moving.

We have access to a Brooks Brother outlet.  I'll keep  watch as we go forword.

LOVE Ralph Lauren, but not logos.  

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@nyc1 @gnomie1 @Trinity11 @Nonametoday 

I'm thinking I'll wait until fall ladies.

Several concerns.  A year round weight blazer isn't usually available in the height of the summer and I won't wear a summer blazer.

I don't want an unlined blazer, most of them are now.  I know lined makes a blazer fit the best and look the best when you're moving.

We have access to a Brooks Brother outlet.  I'll keep  watch as we go forword.

LOVE Ralph Lauren, but not logos.  

The blazers I suggested from J.Crew are lined @ECBG . Ralph Lauren has no logo on his blazers that he sells in his stores. I own one and have for a few years. No logo of any kind. None. 

Honored Contributor

I love blazers too! Classic tailored clothes are definitely my style. Even though I'm retired I still like to own a few to wear as layering pieces. I don't wear mine as much in warm weather. I wouldn't spend $500 on one though. I always buy them on sale. The blazers I own cost $60-100 marked down from $100-200. 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 

Many, many thanks!

Let the stalking begin!!!!Smiley Happy

Contributor

Regarding Brooks Brothers outlet stores (or most outlet stores for that matter).

In case one does not know, most of the items sold in the "outlet" stores are made specifically for the outlet and are not the same quality of merchandise as sold in the retail stores. Occasionally one finds a true bargain in the outlets, but most of the time the items are inferior in quality to the items sold in regular retail.

There are some great websites that show what to look for to determine if the item was made for the outlet or for regular retail. Here are examples:

Banana Republic - the items made just for the outlet have three small diamonds on the tag

Gap - three squares on the tag

Brooks Brothers - the number "346" on the tag indicates it is made for outet sales only

J Crew - two diamonds on the tag

Coach - the serial number begins with the letter "F"

Kate Spade:  A square with a hollowed out spade

Buyer Beware!

Respected Contributor

I have a number of Louis Del'Olio Linea blazers that I bought throughout the years and are still gorgeous and in style.  I also have several Jones New York and Calvin Klein blazers that were purchased about 30 years ago.  Two are black velvet...  again,  if I put them on today (too hot for velvet right now!!!!!)  people would think they were purchased recently.  CLASSICS never go out of style.  The fit, finish and fabric  ... magnificent.

PLEASE LET US KNOW how you make out @ECBG .

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

I have a number of Louis Del'Olio Linea blazers that I bought throughout the years and are still gorgeous and in style.  I also have several Jones New York and Calvin Klein blazers that were purchased about 30 years ago.  Two are black velvet...  again,  if I put them on today (too hot for velvet right now!!!!!)  people would think they were purchased recently.  CLASSICS never go out of style.  The fit, finish and fabric  ... magnificent.

PLEASE LET US KNOW how you make out @ECBG .

@nyc1 

So do I. I have some great LDO blazers, some Jones NY, Calvin Klein and a couple really cute Michael Kors. I miss Stein-Mart.  I could occasionally get great clothing there in their salon area for great savings.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

I love a good blazer. I'm a teacher and I often pair them with my jeans and t-shirts. A good blazer is well worth $500 and will last a lifetime with proper care.

That's right.  It will likely NOT be made of polyesther.  I'd scoop up a nice one if it's Wool Gabardine which is a seasonless fabric.  I love it.  I don't see it much though.  Wool that can be worn anytime of the year!  Wool really is a wonder fabric....imo

Then of course, there's leather.  I'd wear leather blazers too.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

Any blazer or other clothes that cost $500 better last a lifetime. Otherwise, that person has been taken. 

That's strictly a matter of opinion and there is no basis in fact for this assertion.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life