Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oh! My Gosh! I'm Sooooo Excited!!!

@ECBG wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

To me retirement means "no job."  Congrats on the new job anyway.

************I love having a reason to get up and dressed up every day, plus I love people!  There's only so much "lunch" you can eat (with friends) and the rest of the time would be walking around a clean house, or eating and gaining weight!  Loving color, texture, and designing, has been so much fun!  

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

To me retirement means "no job."  Congrats on the new job anyway.

Not all retired people walk around the house eating all and gaining weight.  I still say the word retirement means no job.  Hope you continue to love your new job.  Best of luck to you.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG I recall your prior post about how miserable your old job had become.

Congrats on the new one!!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

Congrats!  That's so nice that you got a nice job and one that makes you happy and you really enjoy!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG

I am happy for you--finding your niche in retirement.  I have a real appreciation for artisans and their handcrafted works of art.  

For those of us who don't live in your area, how would we purchase?   I will have one Victoria in Toasted Almond with a turquoise stone, please.  So boho!   

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

For those of us who don't live in your area, how would we purchase?   I will have one Victoria in Toasted Almond with a turquoise stone, please.  So boho!   

@magicmoodz

She has a Facebook page; that's where I got the photos.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@magicmoodz

She has a Facebook page; that's where I got the photos.

@lolakimono

Thanks lola!  I will take a look.  I was at her website.  

Honored Contributor

The Southern Highland mountains go from Maryland to Alabama and the Guild has fairs in several locations.  Also the artisans go to other craft shows in the communities.  Most of the crafters have a web site, as does Vicki D. Love that does the bags, vests, and belts.  Lola pulled up the bags for me.  One vender I really like is Q Evon Jewelry.  She also sells through Robert Redford's Sundance catalog.

http://www.southernhighlandguild.org/

You can buy things through this site, although they really need to expand it.  The site allows you to go by crafter and you can see if they have a site if they have an item that interests you.  If there's something you're interested in, you can go to their site also.  I have in the past not been able to find a vender on the Guild site and found them on my own.

Another vender I love is Rebecca Owen.  Her designs are Jenny Threads.  Rebecca weaves fibers and makes woven jackets.  They're a loose fit, so they're very forgiving turned back cuffs. Last year I got a deep red one with a black collar and cuffs.  The closure is a sterling silver shawl "bar" she had another vender make for her.

What state are you in?  Our fair is mid July and October. We just had a fair.  With your interest, I'd call the parkway office on the site and see if they'll mail you a fair book.  It would just cost the postage, but I'd be quick since it's past.  Then you'll see the large color photos and have some fantastic examples with the venders name/site.

Hope this helps!  Please let me know if you have any more questions!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  You have good reason to be excited!  I'm so happy for you!

The pictures of the Vicki Love purses piqued my interest... so I did some searching.  A person's name came up when I was looking in the FB comment page, and it is somebody I know!  (small world)  The leathers are very unique...

I looked up the etsy designer, whose jackets you like.  I can see why.

I hope you share more information about how it is going for you.  

What a gift of life you got when obtaining this position!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@ECBG  You have good reason to be excited!  I'm so happy for you!

The pictures of the Vicki Love purses piqued my interest... so I did some searching.  A person's name came up when I was looking in the FB comment page, and it is somebody I know!  (small world)  The leathers are very unique...

I looked up the etsy designer, whose jackets you like.  I can see why.

I hope you share more information about how it is going for you.  

What a gift of life you got when obtaining this position!

*************Oh!  lovestoteach!!!!!  We have a crafter who does hand carved Santa's a foot and a half high!!!!! at just over $1,000.00!!!  We will also get ornaments, but they are a flat hexigan with raised relief in French horns, wreaths, ect.  I think they're $40.00!  So perfect for my primitive house!  I'll let you know when they come in.  Right now it's hand blown clear with  stripes of color glass balls!  Lovely!  I love the "scarves"  a felted flower with a very long stem that wraps around your neck!  They look like a wool poppy and come in blue, pink, and several other colors!