Honored Contributor

I like A351478 but for $61.00 I'm hesitant.

Lori showed a top last night that was very similar but her's was in the 80's!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I seldom purchase clothing from the Q anymore.  Most of my purchases this spring and summer have been online at Talbots and Belk.....really nice quality items at less than Q prices with sales and/or coupons.

I think Q quality is good, for the items I have gotten.  But their prices aren’t usually competitive these days.

Not buying clothing from Kohl’s anymore.  Prices are great...but quality is poor, on the shirts and leggings I have gotten there.  

Honored Contributor
I@alicedee wrote:

I seldom purchase clothing from the Q anymore.  Most of my purchases this spring and summer have been online at Talbots and Belk.....really nice quality items at less than Q prices with sales and/or coupons.

I think Q quality is good, for the items I have gotten.  But their prices aren’t usually competitive these days.

Not buying clothing from Kohl’s anymore.  Prices are great...but quality is poor, on the shirts and leggings I have gotten there.  

@alicedee 

I get you.  This spring / summer, my hanging around clothes are Talbots, JCrew, and Lands End.  Loving the linen / cotton.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

I like her seersucker ones also which are about the same in price.. I think$65 also D and C had one similar this Spring but I liked hers and it was real seersucker that washes up and wears so well. Last year the Red sold out so was able to buy it this year.

Frequent Contributor

I found that Susan Graver has a very nice gingham shirt for under 35.00. I have the black/white & blue/white check. The quality is very nice. Hope this helps.

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@million bells 

You really can't compare QVC and TJMaxx.   

TJMaxx is rather hit-or-miss, and they are known as an off-price retailer.

Well QVC isn't exactly Saks either... but their prices are getting there.

Exactly. I hate shopping but I can beat those prices all day long. 

Super Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Most of TJ Maxx's inventory is close-outs.  That means they get the leftovers after the regular retailers have made their choices for the season.  That's why they can price things cheaper.  

Most of it is licensed agreements w the company. It’s made for tjx companies. Some stuff is close outs , but the business model has changed , in order to remain competitive.

Frequent Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I don't know why people complain about the Q's prices when there are plenty of other stores to shop from! If you want to do cheap go to Marshalls. TJ's, Kohl's, etc. Cheap clothes are out there. I prefer to shop local boutiques and, yes, their clothing is more expensive. But if I saw a shirt for $60 dollars, I'd snatch it up! I'm older now and don't have to buy my clothes in bargain basements, but I do remember those days. Happy shopping!

Well aren't you special 

Regular Contributor

I have gotten some really beautiful clothing at TJ Maxx and Marshalls...and paid no where the prices of the Q

Respected Contributor

@Petite one wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

I don't know why people complain about the Q's prices when there are plenty of other stores to shop from! If you want to do cheap go to Marshalls. TJ's, Kohl's, etc. Cheap clothes are out there. I prefer to shop local boutiques and, yes, their clothing is more expensive. But if I saw a shirt for $60 dollars, I'd snatch it up! I'm older now and don't have to buy my clothes in bargain basements, but I do remember those days. Happy shopping!

Well aren't you special 

LOL!!!  I laugh at people who think by paying more they are getting the better value.  That's just lazy shopping, but you can't stop people from wasting their money.