Occasional Contributor

I have bought several of Joan's gingham boyfriend shirts but when I looked today I saw they were $62!  Add shipping and its $65.50!  I bought mine for $39 a few years ago and thought that was high.  I just bought a black and white gingham at TJ Maxx that is permanent press for $19.99.  I am so disappointed in the rising prices at QVC.  I love shopping online but have really had to scale back.  I could have bought a whole outfit at TJ Maxx for $65!  I'm pretty sure no one really cares about my Joan gingham shirts but thanks for letting a girl vent.

Honored Contributor

@million bells 

You really can't compare QVC and TJMaxx.   

TJMaxx is rather hit-or-miss, and they are known as an off-price retailer.

Occasional Contributor

Guess I did give TJ Maxx a shout out.  I hope QVC heard me but I think not....I'm sad cuz I like QVC.  I check them out daily online.  I just feel a slight shove out the door.

Honored Contributor

@million bells 

I miss Joan’s witty presentations. Most of the clothing lines on the Q have went up in price substantially. Happy you have a gingham shirt you enjoy wearing.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@million bells 

You really can't compare QVC and TJMaxx.   

TJMaxx is rather hit-or-miss, and they are known as an off-price retailer.

Well QVC isn't exactly Saks either... but their prices are getting there.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@million bells 

I miss Joan’s witty presentations. Most of the clothing lines on the Q have went up in price substantially. Happy you have a gingham shirt you enjoy wearing.

I've bought her shirts AS IS...good savings!!! Woman Wink

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

I don't know why people complain about the Q's prices when there are plenty of other stores to shop from! If you want to do cheap go to Marshalls. TJ's, Kohl's, etc. Cheap clothes are out there. I prefer to shop local boutiques and, yes, their clothing is more expensive. But if I saw a shirt for $60 dollars, I'd snatch it up! I'm older now and don't have to buy my clothes in bargain basements, but I do remember those days. Happy shopping!

"Pure Michigan"
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I don't mind paying $62 dollars for a blouse if the quality is there.  That said, I can find some really good prices on quality clothing closer to home.  No shipping charges either.

Respected Contributor

Her prices are similar to LOGO or Linea. I admit my everyday clothing is Denim & Co. but I do enjoy Joan Rivers for dressy.

Honored Contributor

Most of TJ Maxx's inventory is close-outs.  That means they get the leftovers after the regular retailers have made their choices for the season.  That's why they can price things cheaper.