Esteemed Contributor

Re: Off the Shoulder anyone?

[ Edited ]

@Trix wrote:

First of all, I don't think off the shoulder should be called a trend as the look is never truly out of style.  I like it because my mirror tells me I have nice shoulders.  I'm a 32C, but don't go out sans bra, so if I wear anything off my shoulders I wear a strapless bra.  I do appreciate some women find them uncomfortable, and others simply can't find one which fits them well. 

For whatever it's worth, the only strapless bra I have worn for years is Wacoal's Halo.  It's comfortable, supports well, and stays in place.

I wear Wacoal bras, but have refused to wear a strapless from anybody because of my past bad experiences.  I really should give this a try.  I do like the tops.  Thanks for your suggestion!

I call it a trend because they are plentiful this season.  I saw no off the shoulder tops last year as I do this year because they are back on trend.  Ripped jeans have come and gone and are back on trend.  What I have seen for years now, though is "cold shoulder."

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Personally, I have always loved an off the shoulder look.

Honored Contributor

@Trix

I have 2 of those Wacoal bra and panties sets. (1 black, 1 nude)  Love them.

Esteemed Contributor

That type of neckline moves around a lot of you are moving a lot.  It would make me nuts by the end of the day.

Respected Contributor

I don't like it for myself, but it looks good on some people.  I would feel self-conscious because it's not the type of style I prefer.  If it's someone else's style, they'll look good in it.  It does seem like an uncomfortable thing to wear, as if you don't keep your torso just so the neckline will ride up over your arms.  It's too contrived for me to pull off.  I also don't like to call attention to myself, and this kind of thing does that.

Respected Contributor

A sensuous look for sure, but one I can't wear.

Honored Contributor

I think this look is for something other than work.  It definately says sexy.

Lunch with the girls, perhaps with a scarf draped over one shoulder, dinner out, celebrations that are not church related.

I think since one shoulder is more modest, it can go more places. but never to work unless you are in a beauty shop.

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of the look.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it looks trashy....yes, I come from yesteryear when girls who wore their tops like that ....were less then "ladies"....sorry...

Respected Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

My shoulders are my best feature and I could wear it, but I think this trend looks ridiculous.  I keep waiting for the tops to fall down.  Designers don't know what to do next so they pick a different body part to focus on each year.

I wore this style in the '80's.  It was okay for then, but not now.

The style looks appealing on younger women for sure!  Even if a old(er) woman was in good shape and had appealing shoulders, no matter how you slice it, still unappealing.  Plenty of great classy appealing tops tops/blouses for the older women.