Respected Contributor

Re: Off the Shoulder anyone?

very pretty, but i find them to be uncomfortable unless i'm wearing for a short period of time. 

Esteemed Contributor

@circles wrote:

I think it looks trashy....yes, I come from yesteryear when girls who wore their tops like that ....were less then "ladies"....sorry...

That's not nice being mean to the innocent me.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

My shoulders are my best feature and I could wear it, but I think this trend looks ridiculous.  I keep waiting for the tops to fall down.  Designers don't know what to do next so they pick a different body part to focus on each year.

I wore this style in the '80's.  It was okay for then, but not now.

The style looks appealing on younger women for sure!  Even if a old(er) woman was in good shape and had appealing shoulders, no matter how you slice it, still unappealing.  Plenty of great classy appealing tops tops/blouses for the older women.

I'm not old.  Is this side of the forum only for older women?  Why insult others because you don't like it?

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

I love the look. I have narrow shoulders, so it's a good look for me. I've worn strapless and off the shoulder dresses and tops over the years. I don't know if I'd wear one these days; there's the strapless bra issue, which is a hassle.  

I especially love the single shoulder style in gowns. I think it can be lovely. I remember that Princess Diana wore that style at times. 

Respected Contributor

I love my arms.  I love to use my arms.  I remember wearing that thing.  Feels like your arms are tied up.  Annoying and useless.

Frequent Contributor

I love the off the shoulder tops, because my shoulders are one of my best features and if the bottom of the top is loose it covers my not so good areas.  I always get compliments when I wear them.  FYI, I found several on Amazon that were really cute in the $15 - $20 price range.

Honored Contributor

@                     

I've never been crazy about off the shoulder styles.  Not even when I was 18 or 20 :-)   They never stayed in place for me.  They's always slide back up.  Then there is the bra concern.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise