Esteemed Contributor

Re: Off The Shoulder Glitter Wedding Dress

It’s been quite a while since I’ve seen Say Yes to the Dress, but from what I remember about that designer, this dress is actually quite conservative!!

Maybe not for a wedding; more for red carpet.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is definitely not a dress for church.  Donna Karan came to mind and Vera Wang.  I wonder if Donna Karan is still designing.  This dress looks more like an evening gown.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I hate it. The back is just way too low, the front of the gown is boring and it does not even resemble a wedding gown.  I have no idea who the designer who is. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

Not surprising that this is a Pnina dress of "Yes to the Dress" famed cable tv show.  However, this may not be designed for manufacturing to actual brides at all, but merely a conceptual or editorial piece from just an imaginative bridal designer.

Let's not take this as a peice she intended to market to brides but just conceptual for other bridal designers to springboard from to something more practical.  Just a thought.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Good4u wrote:

Not surprising that this is a Pnina dress of "Yes to the Dress" famed cable tv show.  However, this may not be designed for manufacturing to actual brides at all, but merely a conceptual or editorial piece from just an imaginative bridal designer.

Let's not take this as a peice she intended to market to brides but just conceptual for other bridal designers to springboard from to something more practical.  Just a thought.   

I haven't watched SYTTD in LITERALLY YEARS, and the last time I saw a Pnina gown it was her typical "flesh squeezed into all kinds of unusual shapes with a layer of semi-opaque lacy fabric over it" style. They never shocked me, and I never cared for them.

I think this gown is beautiful, and amazing on this model. But for at least the present, wedding wear has morphed into something that makes no particular sense to me. I can't understand why, if the happy couple has been living together for the last 7 1/2 years, Bride has to show everyone involved what Groom has been socializing with since day 1.

I miss religious wedding ceremonies, I miss covered skin and elegance, I miss "fun" receptions, combined with not waving body parts at Grandma and Grandpa. Probably because I'm a grandma.

Esteemed Contributor

Doesn't leave much to the imagination, does it?

As a wedding dress?  definitely "no."

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Don't care for this at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 it's an "interesting" dress but personally I wouldn't consider it. I would be nervous the entire time that I'd have a wardrobe malfunction. Certainly not the reason I'd want MY wedding to be memorable.

I have no idea on the designer.

Honored Contributor

Looks a little frumpy to me.  LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's not my style, or I style I would advise a bride to wear on her Wedding Day. I don't know that designer from the show that was mentioned, but I think I saw her last week on my local morning news. Is she an Israeli designer? If not it was another designer that was featured.

Nevermind I looked her up...it's her.