Respected Contributor

Odd Question - Menopause shirts - HA! For when you run hot!

This is an odd questions - I am going through the change of life, I use to be SOO COLD all the time, like everyone was hot even in teh summer I would freeze, ALL of my cloths are the type I can layer like a tank under or a tshirt or something, well now if I layer I just get way too hot, I need to find a few tops that are long or mid sleeve (I don't like short sleeve at my work) 

So my question to you is, do you have a fav. style shirt that looks nice but doesn't make you feel overheated, maybe one you liked so well you bought it in a few colors for some "staple" type tops, I would love to hear what you are lovings.

Sure, I can browse and look but if you have any suggestions, I would really like to hear them.  

TIA for listening to me!  Smiley Happy 

Super Contributor

Re: Odd Question - Menopause shirts - HA! For when you run hot!

get 100%linen or cotton shirts .I sleep in them too .You will notice a difference 

Respected Contributor

i used to be freezing all the time too!  now i can go in a freezing AC store or restaurant no problem.

i will layer tops if it seems like i might need to cover up. mostly in summer it's sleeveless and natural fibers...

Respected Contributor

@Liverbird1  Thank you, good tip, i don't have any so I will look for them!!

Respected Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

i used to be freezing all the time too!  now i can go in a freezing AC store or restaurant no problem.

i will layer tops if it seems like i might need to cover up. mostly in summer it's sleeveless and natural fibers...

I was only the one freezing, I wore layers and always had to dress warm which I love, I just hate short sleeves at work in my office environment so I need to find light clothing that still "covers" me a bit,  do  not mean big and baggy, just material or styles that don't make me overheat

Super Contributor

Same here.  I have had hot flashes now going on eleven years.  I don't think they will stop until I am gone.  Can't stand anything tight around my neck.  I wear tanks, with a flowy shirt over,, jeans or capris.  Otherwise, I am home and don't have to be uncomfortable.

They aren't as intense as years ago, but still bothersome.  Loose fitting dresses for dressier occasions.

Respected Contributor

@Coastalcarolina wrote:

Same here.  I have had hot flashes now going on eleven years.  I don't think they will stop until I am gone.  Can't stand anything tight around my neck.  I wear tanks, with a flowy shirt over,, jeans or capris.  Otherwise, I am home and don't have to be uncomfortable.

They aren't as intense as years ago, but still bothersome.  Loose fitting dresses for dressier occasions.

@Coastalcarolina  Its unreal, I mean I knew they were coming some day but oh my I felt like I went to bed a cold person and woke up a whole diff. temp, I do get flashes at times but my overall temp is just WARM now, OMG I can barely get my hair done, I get so hot trying to get ready.  Oh, this stuggle is real!! I have many years until retirement so I have to figure out how to do this until I can be home and comfortable!

Honored Contributor

100% cotton breathes.  Polryster is like wearing a trash 

bag!

Super Contributor

@SandGirl , I actually timed them one time!  Exactly every 30 minutes, kinda like old faithful!  Doing the math, I figured I had experienced at least 500,000. 🥵. I was blessed though, I never had the sweat beads, just the heat.  But my face was beet red.  Soooo embarrassing in social situations.

Super Contributor

My opinon on this is to go for any shirt that is "tropic wear".