Valued Contributor

Re: OT -- What is your occupation?

Started out working for U S Shoe Corporation...then went to Conn Organ Company for 8 years...then worked in a county government office before landing a job in a state govenment office for 30 years. Now I have the best job ever.....retiree!!

Frequent Contributor

Registered Nurse
Trusted Contributor

I'm a Regulatory Consultant celebrating my 40th year with a major electric utility. I started working there the week after I graduated from high school. It's hard for me to believe sometimes!

Frequent Contributor

President and CEO of a major Hospital. Loved my job, but it was time to retire and I was lucky enough to retire early.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/17/2015 BlingQueen022 said:
On 3/17/2015 twinny70 said: Bling Queen, have fun. Bmorechick, I hope you can find retirement real soon.

Thank you so much Twinny70. I'm not sure how to act after retirement since I've always had a job since I was 17. That's when I started working for the Federal Government. One thing that will be nice though is no more winter driving commute to work. That in it's self is worth retirement.

I left work 13 years ago because of a major medical issue. I was only 53. DH retired a year later to take care of me. We just celebrated our 45th wedding anniversary on Saturday & are heading to Riviera Maya Mexico tomorrow with friends. Never thought that I would live this long. Life is one day at a time. God's plan was perfect
Respected Contributor

Personal assistant to two married doctors.
Super Contributor

Social worker / case manager for a medicaid program
Super Contributor

Piano teacher and church pianist.

Super Contributor

I am a chemical engineer, and work for a large oil company.
Trusted Contributor

I am a soon to be retired (summer 2015) university professor.