Super Contributor

Re: OT -- What is your occupation?

College professor
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/20/2015 Angry Bird said: Retired from sales....last June to care for my DH who has Parkinson's...working was easier!
Bless your heart. My BF from HS is the caretaker of her DH also suffering from P.D. We all just got back from a trip to Riviera Maya Mexico a few days ago. She gets very tired as it has been a struggle for about 18 years. I also left work 13 years ago because of a disability. My DH is wonderful & my caretaker. Not an easy job for sure.
Honored Contributor

Image result for i teach what's your superpower

Full disclosure: I am retired and used to teach. It is one superpower, but everyone has a superpower...

I am very sorry for those who have disabilities or are caring for loved ones who are disabled or ill...THAT is definitely a worthy and very difficult job.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

I own and operate an on-line quilt shop! I had to do something after my DH retired - lol

Occasional Contributor

I started out as a Marine. I now work for the U.S. Navy as a Credentials Coordinator.

Super Contributor

On 3/29/2015 Reever said:
On 3/18/2015 Carmie said:
On 3/18/2015 YorkieonmyPillow said:

Word on the street has it that a couple of people here work at McDonald's.....{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

What's so wrong with working at McD? An honest job is a good job. I'd work at any job that I had to in order to make ends meet and salute the people who do.
I agree it's not proper to disparage any job. many years ago financial circumstances dictated I work at Macys for about $8 an hour. I was unemployed and some money was better than no money. As others have stated, many retirees take part time jobs at retail stores in order to pay a few bills and get out of the house. It can be as much about socialization as it is financial. And frankly, the service from a 65 year old is usually much better than that of an 18 year old kid in my experience.

I'm so shallow,,,,,I don't like Yorkies anymore