Honored Contributor

Re: OT: WHAT SONG MAKES YOU HAPPY!

I love The Eagles and songs by David Gilmour, formerly of Pink Floyd.  He has some where you could just drift on the lake!

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme

How sweet the sound, golden!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Besides "It's Raining Men", I like these other disco songs (Martha Wash has sang on most of these) and have downloaded them all from itunes.

These songs all make me want to get up and dance!

Dance (Disco Heat) - Sylvester

You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) - Sylvester

Do You Wanna Funk - Sylvester

Everybody Everybody - Black Box

Ride on Time  - Black Box

Strike it Up - Black Box

Gonna Make You Sweat  - C+C Music Factory

Honored Contributor

Louis Armstrong's version of " What a Wonderful World" always makes me smile. 

Super Contributor

You're The One That I Want by Olivia Newton John and John Travolta...no matter what I'm doing or whatever my mood I'm just happy when I hear this!

Super Contributor

@TY wrote:

Besides "It's Raining Men", I like these other disco songs (Martha Wash has sang on most of these) and have downloaded them all from itunes.

Strike it Up - Black Box

ITA, TY1!  Also brings back happy memories when I first heard all of these!  Especially remember dancing to most of these at the legendary Baby'O disco in Acapulco.  Used to vacation there in the mid-80's to early 90's.  Those were the days... Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@MissRose722 wrote:

@TY wrote:

Strike it Up - Black Box

ITA, TY1!  Also brings back happy memories when I first heard all of these!  Especially remember dancing to most of these at the legendary Baby'O disco in Acapulco.  Used to vacation there in the mid-80's to early 90's.  Those were the days... Smiley LOL

My husband took disco dancing lessons through his work corporate gym back in the day and then we would practice at home and go dancing at Annabelle's disco in Vancouver, B.C. I sewed a pair of bias cut black Quiana nylon disco pants too to wear there! Yes those were the days! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

@MissRose722 wrote:

@TY wrote:

Strike it Up - Black Box

My husband took disco dancing lessons through his work corporate gym back in the day and then we would practice at home and go dancing at Annabelle's disco in Vancouver, B.C. I sewed a pair of bias cut black Quiana nylon disco pants too to wear there! Yes those were the days! Smiley Happy

Ah, Quiana. Now there's a fabric l haven't heard mentioned in a long while! I remember those shiny, pointy-collared, fitted men's shirts. The fabric looked like it was more suited for women's lingerie, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I love "Happy" by Pharrell Williams.  I turn it up every time it comes on the radio.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

handygal wrote:

Ah, Quiana. Now there's a fabric l haven't heard mentioned in a long while! I remember those shiny, pointy-collared, fitted men's shirts. The fabric looked like it was more suited for women's lingerie, lol.

Lol, my husband had such a shirt too like those guys wear in Saturday Night Fever.

The store to buy disco clothes back then was Suzy Creamcheese in Pacific Centre Mall in Vancouver, B.C. It even had small rectangular mirror tiles at the store entrance. And guys would get their clothes from Big Steel. Back in the day women could not wear jean to a disco as there was a dress code even though skinny jeans had just become popular. The Annabelle's disco was the place to be!