Respected Contributor

Re: OT: Any One Watching Joy & Iman?

I ordered the purse after reading some of my favorite poster's getting excited about it.

Actually opened an HSN charge card to get the twenty bucks off and free return.

So what do I do now? The only things I ever buy on HSN are vitamins and a few Jay King jewelry items.

I think I've already used up my twenty bucks and it won't cost to return.

Was stunned at the venom on other board. Does a handbag make someone so angry?

Respected Contributor

On 12/7/2014 zippyliverpants said:
On 12/7/2014 Sheesh said:

and check out this gorgeous Brahmin...love the dual textures and anchored by black...this has really piqued my interest...now I need to find a promo coupon or something to get the price down and maybe it will be mine

HERE

<br />

That wasn't very nice of you to post that link---now I'm in deep doodoo! The brahim bags are gorgeous and I think really well priced actually (not that I can afford them but I'd rather wait for one of them)--these are rich looking, not the bags on HSN...they're plain without that certain "something" a good designer bag has no matter how simple. I think the wow is in the organization for those who like that sort of thing. hoPe you get your brahim bag soon.

When Nordstrom's has their Spring Sale, I think they always have a Brahmin bag on sale---otherwise it is hard to find them on sale. I am going to call the outlet at the Brahmin HQ and see what they have---it's a 2 hour drive for me, each way, so I'd want to know in advance what they carry. Some outlet stores have merchandise made just for their outlets and it is not the same quality merchandise you'd find at the department stores such as Nordstrom's, Neiman Marcus, Saks 5th Ave, Lord & Taylor, etc.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

On 12/7/2014 lavendar said:

I ordered the purse after reading some of my favorite poster's getting excited about it.

So what do I do now? The only things I ever buy on HSN are vitamins and a few Jay King jewelry items.

Well, based upon everything I've read on the reviews, I'd say cancel it, unless you want to get it home and report back what you think about it---we trust your judgment. You do have the free return, but it is still a hassle this time of year to go to the PO with all the long lines.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

Sheesh, I love the Brahmin bag! I know me. I have to touch and feel the bag I buy, and I will go out again to Lord & Taylor to check their Brahmins (wish I had an outlet). (In truth, I have placed a check-hold on a D&B, but I don't think I really like my choice.) Plus, as I wrote, I've learned that for gold jewelry and handbags, I have to see and touch.

Online and TV retailers must realize that there is no ultimate success with "Potemkin Village" products. Sooner or later the inferior material comes to light -- either immediately upon receipt or after a bit of use. Most of us would prefer paying more for a quality item, that's for sure.

Now I understand why the hanging compartment was included in the Joy & Iman handbag. The thin leather pulled taut over cardboard could not have stood up to the normal day-to-day use of placing items in the purse and having them knock about. The compartmentalized area would act as a hammock to hold the items and keep them from crashing into the flimsy sides of the handbag and thus destroying it.

Also, thank you, Tique, for giving us the goods on this inferior bit of merchandise. When I read the reviews you provided, my worst fear was substantiated. I have always loved rich leather. That's me.

Super Contributor

The bag looks very nice but it looks too big and heavy for me. I don't care for the logo of their two names on it either. If the leather is good then it would be a great value for someone.

Contributor

On 12/7/2014 lavendar said:

Good question! Earlier today I was entertaining myself by reading posts about Temptations and wondered the same thing: folks sure get heavy into this stuff, don't they!?!
Super Contributor

On 12/7/2014 sahmIam said:

The bag is junk. I just left this under someone else's post about wondering if the bag is a good quality item.

I fell for the lies the first time they had it on. It's junk and I will NEVER buy a product from this duo again.

BTW, HSN removed HUNDREDS of reviews showing the bag having a 1.5 star rating. That, if anything, should tell you something.

Hmmm...That does it for me. Sounds like the same tactic they employed when they were pushing Joy's air freshener TSV. I understand all reviews were removed prior to the TSV for that item too! The consensus was that the air fresheners were useless. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

I got this bag last time around and forgot to send it back. It looks and feel like thin leather laminated to cardboard. The watch has never kept time. I'd be embarrassed to carry this piece of junk. It looks a lot better on TV than it looks and feels in the hand.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

This thread might end up having as many comments as the number of those inferior bags sold.

Respected Contributor

On 12/7/2014 Tique said:

This looks like the same bag from earlier this year. Reviews were mixed.

Thank you so much, Tique, for providing the link for the reviews.

I love the shape of the bag and earlier today I ordered it in navy. I didn't really care about all the organization the bag offered but, like I said, I loved the shape and the price was right. Although I kind of figured there must be a catch with the quality for such a cheap price.

After reading all those bad reviews I decided to cancel my order. No use in taking a chance and then have to pay to return it.

And it's not like I need another handbag anyway. Although I do have my eye on a certain Isaac Mizrahi bag. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}