Respected Contributor

Re: OPRAH'S FAVORITE THINGS 2016 — and the list is longer and better than ever!

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

I don't think people really care about Oprah's favorite things, do they? Or any celebrity or former celebrity telling us what to buy?

I am curious and think it is fun to see what's on it.  As for who cares.....Clearly those who open and post to this thread would fall into that categorySmiley Wink

Exactly!

Honored Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

I don't think people really care about Oprah's favorite things, do they? Or any celebrity or former celebrity telling us what to buy?

I am curious and think it is fun to see what's on it.  As for who cares.....Clearly those who open and post to this thread would fall into that categorySmiley Wink

Exactly!

I'm not a big Oprah fan, I am curious to see what's new, but I'm not buying any of it. I would never buy a product just because a celeb likes it, they always have an ulterior motive for promoting something.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99
That is precisely why it irks me when Shawn mentions celebs that buy certain items; who cares!?
It factors into my decision to buy not one iota! I just like to see what's new on Oprah's list that I may not have heard of. Often times there's fun gift ideas
Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:
I love a good v-neck t-shirt but I'm not paying $135 for one! I do not have Oprah's budget

Oprah might have money, but she is not willing to part with it.  Many years ago she said she would not promote something as "a favorite" unless it was provided by the vendor free of charge. That is pretty much when I decided these things are not really her favorites, but rather her freebies.  

Hi Magic.  You know that I never disagree with you, LOL, but I'd like to make a comment.  I am by no means not a huge Oprah fan, but I guess I don't blame her for wanting the Companies to give these products for free to her.

I actually do think she really likes the products she chooses.  She just knows that they get so much free advertisement that she wants them to donate them.  They probably make far more profit off the advertisements for the products that she get them that thinks they should dontate them, LOL.  That's just my take-!

I think she did end up paying the taxes for all the winners of those cars that one year-such that they wouldn't have to. 

I do know that she wanted the IPAD the first year it came out and she had her people bother Apple for months and months.  They kept saying no and then finally caved, LOL.  Back then she had a lot of power!!  Who knows if Apple would do that now!

Hope you are doing well and having a great week! Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

OFT16_tile_2x_17._CB277266499_.jpg

I liked this Rae by Emi-Jay sweatshirt and looked it up.  Unfortunately it's $112.Smiley Sad

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for posting this.  I didn't realize she still did a list. There are a lot of nice ideas. 

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

OFT16_tile_2x_17._CB277266499_.jpg

I liked this Rae by Emi-Jay sweatshirt and looked it up.  Unfortunately it's $112.Smiley Sad

I love that! 

I wish it was $59!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Just a block from me here in my home town, and yes Oprah is spot on they are the best cakes.  Janie's Cakes.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-Business/255707/tylers-janies-cakes-makes-oprahs-list-of-favorite-thing...

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting. I always like to see Oprah's favorite things, not necessarily to purchase , just for curiosity... I do really want to try Barefoot Dreams, and have a few items on my QVC Wishlist........

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:
I love a good v-neck t-shirt but I'm not paying $135 for one! I do not have Oprah's budget

Oprah might have money, but she is not willing to part with it.  Many years ago she said she would not promote something as "a favorite" unless it was provided by the vendor free of charge. That is pretty much when I decided these things are not really her favorites, but rather her freebies.  

I hated watching her MFT things because of all the blasted screaming by the audience.  It was headache inducing to me.  However, had I been in the audience, I probably would have been screaming like a lunatic myself.  LOL

But, I used to watch those behind the scenes shows that Oprah did on her OWN Network.  One of the shows focused on the MFT episode and they showed how Oprah picked her products.  And no, they weren't all favorite things of her's that she used.  

But I still always like to see what is on her list.