Honored Contributor

Re: OMG, who would walk around in the D&C poncho?

@Ceci wrote:

Sorry, I didn't mean to insult anyone. To my eye, they were so ugly. I wouldn't be caught dead in something like that. But...to each its own.

You didn't insult me as I couldn't care less.  I would bet you insulted quite a few though.  I think you made your point.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ceci wrote:

I thought I was the only one.

I could not imagine walking around in that even in front of my husband. My kids would say, Ma, what the hell.

I have a throw near the computer which I put over my shoulders at night if its chilly. It's a solid color, probably got it a few years ago from Q. But its a sold light camel color.

Those ponchos with those hideous patterns....sorry, maybe to throw over a horse.

Unbelievable that they would even consider a woman would walk in public with that.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Others may not find them "hideous".  And then you previously apologized for "insulting others"???  You posted this after that, LOL.

Like I said, I seriously don't care if you or anyone like ponchos or capes or whatever.  Make your point and move on   We get it...they are "hideous". 

LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Several similar styles in today's Macys advertising.......

And always remember, "Nothin' says lovin' like making fun of someone battling an eating disorder"! Good fun all around!!!! Gotta have SOME fun around here, after all!

Regular Contributor

Denim & Co. Jacquard Open Front Poncho with Contrast Trim

I had to check it out & post the pic....curiousity got the better of me.  Used to own horses, and honestly this mimics what I would place under the saddle.   But "hay" (lol), at least D&Co is not afraid to design something that's avant-garde.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VAbelle wrote:

Denim & Co. Jacquard Open Front Poncho with Contrast Trim

I had to check it out & post the pic....curiousity got the better of me.  Used to own horses, and honestly this mimics what I would place under the saddle.   But "hay" (lol), at least D&Co is not afraid to design something that's avant-garde.

But that's the point some of us have made -- it's not really "avant-garde," since it's something that's on trend right now, and items with similar prints are available from several sources in addition to D&Co. The "Southwestern blanket" style has always been popular among some (to repeat myself, think Sundance catalog or Pendleton).

Honored Contributor

I hate to wear a coat in the car. I wear winter vests or poncho. We live in Michigan and it can get cold here but I think coats are so uncomfortable.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

Getting so tired of all the ponchos, capes and wraps being shown.  Reminds me of the way the scarves were shown constantly over the past couple years.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17 wrote:

Getting so tired of all the ponchos, capes and wraps being shown.  Reminds me of the way the scarves were shown constantly over the past couple years.....

I like some of them--as long as they aren't too voluminous and are of a nice fabric. 

I don't want a cheap poly or fleece poncho.  My Free Spirit one is darling.

https://www.shopbop.com/rosie-lee-poncho-sweater-free/vp/v=1/1584340749.htm?currencyCode=USD&extid=S...

Honored Contributor

I wore ponchos back in the 70s. I am not going to wear them again - not my style.  I saw a lady at the mall last winter wearing a poncho with slim jeans, boots, and a turtleneck. I remember it because I thought she looked very chic.  A lot of it is how you put things together and being confident in how you look. 

I don't let what people post here determine what I wear. While I may not like the way they label or describe certain items they don't like, I am confident enough in my own style choices to wear what I like and ignore the rest. 

Honored Contributor

I also have seen other people look very cute wearing ponchos, shawls, etc. I just don't like wearing/carrying anything that has excess fabric/extra handles on handbags, etc. The excess flapping around would drive me nuts. I have no problem if others like them. As I said I have seen others wear these items and look fabulous. It's just not my style.
"To each their own, in all things".