Respected Contributor

Re: OMG, who would walk around in the D&C poncho?

@italia8140 wrote:

@june22 wrote:

Poncho's  are what you wear to the all you can eat buffet.  It is a outfit to hide your eating disorder...  it is an outfit to hide your body from the world because you are ashamed of it... it is an outfit you wear when you have given up on yourself.....

underneath the pancho you wear a mumu.... you are in trouble now....

ITA!!!

We'd better take to Twitter and let Sarah Jessica Parker, Halle Berry, and Katie Holmes know that they have given up on themselves. They may not quite realize. Cat Tongue

Respected Contributor

Eh, it's a poncho. Doesn't look particularly different from several others I've seen, and certainly nothing that would make me think, "OMG!"

Trusted Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

@june22 wrote:

Poncho's  are what you wear to the all you can eat buffet.  It is a outfit to hide your eating disorder...  it is an outfit to hide your body from the world because you are ashamed of it... it is an outfit you wear when you have given up on yourself.....

LOL! And don't forget to add those fuzzy V slippers (that the cute guy was selling) and then maybe, to be a total fashionista, wrap that HOT obie belt around your head! Let's play. (that and "amazing" are getting on my last nerve.) I enjoy your postings june22! 

@silkyk enjoy your postings as well! Gotta have fun with all the drama going on around here Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, it didn't look flattering on the models or Shawn.

Honored Contributor

I don't get what is so OMG about it either.  I don't care for it but I've seen much, much worse.

This looks more like an open front sweater coat/jacket to me than a poncho.  There was an open front sweater being shown on HSN this morning by Sigrid Olsen that looked rather similar to this and it was on a feature price for $100.00 I believe.

There is an Attitudes by Renee plaid jacket on the homepage that made me take a second look and not in a good way.  It really does look like a blanket at first glance because of the plaid. 

Honored Contributor

I've seen something like this down here in Tx. where they put it on their horse for warmth and sometimes they put it on the horse first ,then, the saddle.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I've seen something like this down here in Tx. where they put it on their horse for warmth and sometimes they put it on the horse first ,then, the saddle.

Well, yes, the pattern does have a Southwestern blanket look to it, but that is precisely the type of thing that one frequently sees in catalogs such as Sundance or Pendleton. And ponchos/capes/flowy sweaters in that pattern are quite "on trend" at the moment.

Contributor

I would, happily!  I have many ponchos, and I'm not trying to hide anything;I just like the comfort and versatilety, especially when traveling.

Honored Contributor

I think the print was hideous. But I wear wraps a lot in the winter, when it's not too cold anyway. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@june22 wrote:

I like a few ponchos.  I am not trying to hide anything, and I have no eating disorder.  I have a Free People poncho that is very cute!  I look great in it!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"