Honored Contributor

Re: OMG ... WHY SO MANY DOONEY SHOWS?

On 4/11/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

Remember when Lindsay Lohan was the fresh young face of Dooney & Bourke.

No. I actually don't remember that. What a mistake. She's a flipping train wreck.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Because they sell so many Dooney bags. Maybe they will hit total saturation point like B Mak.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree with the OP. Too many D & B shows. But I am not a fan and would not pay that much for a handbag -- fine for those that do. But QVC needs more variety. They need to give some other brands a chance to sell.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Yes, QVC needs more variety ............

We're stuck with DOONEY RE-RUNS !!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Honored Contributor

On 4/10/2014 islandgrrl said:
On 4/10/2014 stevieb said:

When I first discovered these boards almost 10 years ago there was a group of women who were devoted to Dooney bags and whose enthusiasm was infectious. Kind of like the Linea ladies are today. I wonder what happened to them? I've never been a big buyer of Q handbags (though I'm loving my Isaac hobo) but I miss their great reviews and chats about the sMhows.

Many of them got ticked off at the way these boards were being run, the frequent deletion of threads and banning of members, and ao they ended up over on the purse forums... I'd also suggest what I said earlier applies... 'In the day', the Dooney shows were a rare treat. Now that they're on all the time, it's hard to stay enthusiastic about them. Sad but true, things change and not always for the better...

Smile

Well, I missed that whole thing. I go in spurts on the boards so that must have been in my away periods. I'm sorry they were upset. I remember them as real cheerleaders for the bags and it was fun.

It was fun and always lots of pictures of the newest acquisitions... It also didn't help when these boards went through that period when pictures couldn't be posted. The Dooney board is sort of a shadow of its former self, and sadly, you have to believe that's the way 'management' wanted it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 4/11/2014 winamac1 said:
On 4/11/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

Remember when Lindsay Lohan was the fresh young face of Dooney & Bourke.

No. I actually don't remember that. What a mistake. She's a flipping train wreck.

Gag me... I don't remember that either, which is a good thing. If I'd ever seen that I'd have never purchase another one...

Honored Contributor

On 4/11/2014 depglass said:

Because they sell so many Dooney bags. Maybe they will hit total saturation point like B Mak.

Could be, but I tend to doubt it... Lately though, it's reached the point where even as a Dooney fan, I don't watch. I think part of the burnout with BMak was BMak himself... He was like a freakin' fixture around the old studio...

It is too bad though that there are several Dooney lines that never see the light of day around here. Showing an occasional bag from another of the many Dooney lines might help break the monotony... however little and however temporarily.

It's like "corporate" has decided on about ten brands that they program in an endless loop. It's awful.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/11/2014 FlowershopGirl said:

Their handbag presentations are limited. They carry other brands but very seldom show them other than a smattering here and there.

As for bargains, like others said, there are very few here. The easy pay makes it attainable but the extras they throw in are usually things that a lot of people don't even use, really. The I Love Dooney site has much better prices and the outlet stores do too. The only advantage is the color selection the Q offers.

Not to be snarky, because I certainly don't want to convey that but just take walk down the handbag aisles in Saks and the term "high end" isn't even applicable to D&B. More mid range to be honest.

It's all relative. Saks Fifth avenue sells Prada, and LV for thousands of dollars per bag.
Honored Contributor

On 4/11/2014 FlowershopGirl said:

Their handbag presentations are limited. They carry other brands but very seldom show them other than a smattering here and there.

As for bargains, like others said, there are very few here. The easy pay makes it attainable but the extras they throw in are usually things that a lot of people don't even use, really. The I Love Dooney site has much better prices and the outlet stores do too. The only advantage is the color selection the Q offers.

Not to be snarky, because I certainly don't want to convey that but just take walk down the handbag aisles in Saks and the term "high end" isn't even applicable to D&B. More mid range to be honest.

All true, and you know, sometimes even the color selection here isn't all that... Lately, stock for many colors seems limited to non-existent, even here.

Regular Contributor

On 4/11/2014 stevieb said:
On 4/10/2014 stevieb said:

When I first discovered these boards almost 10 years ago there was a group of women who were devoted to Dooney bags and whose enthusiasm was infectious. Kind of like the Linea ladies are today. I wonder what happened to them? I've never been a big buyer of Q handbags (though I'm loving my Isaac hobo) but I miss their great reviews and chats about the sMhows.

Many of them got ticked off at the way these boards were being run, the frequent deletion of threads and banning of members, and ao they ended up over on the purse forums... I'd also suggest what I said earlier applies... 'In the day', the Dooney shows were a rare treat. Now that they're on all the time, it's hard to stay enthusiastic about them. Sad but true, things change and not always for the better...

Smile

Well, I missed that whole thing. I go in spurts on the boards so that must have been in my away periods. I'm sorry they were upset. I remember them as real cheerleaders for the bags and it was fun.

It was fun and always lots of pictures of the newest acquisitions... It also didn't help when these boards went through that period when pictures couldn't be posted. The Dooney board is sort of a shadow of its former self, and sadly, you have to believe that's the way 'management' wanted it...

The Purse Forum is a wonderful place. I don't post but love reading about new purchases and seeing all the pics - that's the best part. You get to see what the bags look like in real life and not just on a website (for those not near stores). Also makes me feel normal about my love of handbags. Or enabled - that may be the correct word Smiley Wink