Super Contributor

Re: OMG - WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!

@lolakimono - I love the first one.  That's what I thought the Isaac dress would look like, but it didn't.  I will look for a wrap dress and rather than shop on line, I think I will check out Macy's, Steinmart, and Von Maur which are all in my area.  By the way, I always enjoy your postings!

Super Contributor

@StephaniM - Thanks for your suggestion.  I will take a peek at that website and see what's available.  

Respected Contributor

@Carolm wrote:

@lolakimono .  Yes, I haven't worn dresses because I weighed too much.  But over the last 18 months I've lost 64 lbs (its a continuing effort) and thought I was ready to enjoy a dress or two when the weather warms up.  I guess I need to refine my search.

@Carolm can i just say congrats to you on that weight loss! 

Valued Contributor

hannasGram

it may be a touch early for the summer dresses but they had tons last year.  A lot,of variety

Super Contributor

@fancy pantsy - Thanks so much.  It's been slow but not particularly difficult and I believe I'll be able to sustain it long term.  I do feel better both physically and emotionally.  It's something I should have done a long time ago, but better later than never.

Honored Contributor

@Carolm 

The ones that I posted are from Macy's.

Honored Contributor

If I'm trying something in a sryle that new or newish to me, I want to try it on locally.  Yes, I realize some retailers offer free return shipping, but I detest returns even if they don't directly cost me.

It's been about 20 years since I've worn a dress and I know why.  I also know that it's likely to be another 20 years until I try one again - or at least one I'll wear in public.  Maybe if I lived in a climate in which I could wear tights, I'd try a skirt;  in any weather where stockings look and feel out of place, no skirts/dresses for me.

Super Contributor

@lolakimono - I found the pink wrap dress on Macy's website and I'm having it shipped to the local store.  I've got my finger's crossed!  thanks again for your comments and assist.  Have a great weekend.

Honored Contributor

@Carolm 

Oh, please update after you get to try it on and let us know how it turned out!Cat Happy

Make sure to take a pair of shoes with you that you would wear with it.  Sometimes, if I try something on without the shoes I think I don't like it because I only see part of the look.

Honored Contributor

@Carolm Try Dillards.  They have a large variety and the prettiest dresses ever!!!

I'm sure you look lovely!Smiley Happy