Super Contributor

OMG - WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!

I decided that this spring I would like to add a couple of dresses to my wardrobe.  I haven't worn a dress in at least a decade.  Anyway, I saw two I thought I liked, one by Isaac and one by Susan g.  Both floral and both very pretty (or so I thought).  Well they arrived and when I saw them my reaction was "What Was I Thinking".  So different than on TV or my laptop.  I tried them on and they did not improve.  Guess I'm back to the drawing board. 

Honored Contributor

Re: OMG - WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!

@Carolm 

Have you thought about why you haven't worn a dress in a decade?

Super Contributor

@lolakimono .  Yes, I haven't worn dresses because I weighed too much.  But over the last 18 months I've lost 64 lbs (its a continuing effort) and thought I was ready to enjoy a dress or two when the weather warms up.  I guess I need to refine my search.

Honored Contributor

I haven’t worn a dress in a decade because they all look hideous to me....and even worse when I try them on. I wear two piece dresses when I must for after five events...long black skirt and black or white silk off the shoulder top....but my days of flowery dresses are long gone. Lord &Taylor always had the nicest dresses....sure wish they were still around.
Respected Contributor

I have 2 LOGO dresses. I bought them to wear casually with leggings or tights and boots. I rarely have a "dressy" occasion, so I want a dress that can be flexible. One is a plain neutral that I could wear with or a scarf, and the other is gray with a gray ruffle bottom that I can wear with black boots or my gray velvet ones. But, I could easily dress either up with accessories. A basic multi-functional dress might be a good way to start.

Trusted Contributor

@Carolm wrote:

I decided that this spring I would like to add a couple of dresses to my wardrobe.  I haven't worn a dress in at least a decade.  Anyway, I saw two I thought I liked, one by Isaac and one by Susan g.  Both floral and both very pretty (or so I thought).  Well they arrived and when I saw them my reaction was "What Was I Thinking".  So different than on TV or my laptop.  I tried them on and they did not improve.  Guess I'm back to the drawing board. 

Smiley Happy

I know the feeling. 

Honored Contributor

@Carolm 

Congratulations on your weight loss!

What about a wrap dress?

Or a skirt, tank and cardigan?

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations for losing the weight! I've stopped ordering dresses online because they end up looking shapeless on me - too many of them are straight, knit dresses with a round neckline and short sleeves - and they just aren't all that flattering IMO. The suggestion for a wrap dress is good -- something to think about!I think it's easier to find dresses in a B&M store and just try them on to find the right style, fabric and size. Good luck to you!

Honored Contributor

@Carolm 

Since you mentioned florals, something like these?

Valued Contributor

HannasGram

congrats on the weighloss!!!!  That’s quite an achievement and I’m certain you’d rock some cool summer dresses.  What are you looking for? Prints or solids?   Take a look at Evine, they have some beautiful dresses for a reasonable price and the payment plan is a breeze.  Don’t give up!