Contributor

OMG Support Stockings! Me... How to do this and look good in summer?

Was told by Doc to wear these. In winter it is no issue because of long pants. My legs feel so good with them. I want lightweight pants for summer since wearing capri pants are out of the question now. Maybe lightweight pants with drawstring. Something loose in the 100 degree weather. Any ideas? I have purchased sheer support sock as well. Thanks in advance.

Respected Contributor

Re: OMG Support Stockings! Me... How to do this and look good in summer?

I have a few friends who wear them all year and they just get them selves all dolled up and wear them even with shorts. What can a person do if you need them and they make your legs feel better that should be what counts. Some times I thought their legs actually looked better with them on. They never complained that they were to warm with them on either all they said was the legs felt good.

Honored Contributor

My friend has flesh tone stocking that she wears to the gym with Capri and they look fine to me
Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried footless stockings...ASSETS a line by the lady who founded Spanx has a version that has support thru the legs and work great for capri or ankle length pants.

IMO...since you asked the universe for help....if you're going to wear support hose w/ feet...don't wear open toed sandals. Otherwise...I do think you can wear flesh colored support hose and no one will care.

I wear support stockings for most things but swimming.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

How about these, from L.L.Bean?

Sunwashed Canvas Pants, Chambray

Lightweight cotton chambray keeps you cool in warm weather

Washed for remarkable softness from the very first wear

Classic Fit: Sits at the waist; slightly fitted through hips and thighs; straight legs

The fabrics you've loved, now in the sizes you asked for and in updated styles. The cotton chambray fabric is washed for extra softness. An updated drawstring waistband offers comfort and an even more flattering look. Front and back patch pockets. Imported. Machine wash and dry.

Classic Fit Sits at the waist; slightly fitted through hips and thighs; straight legs. Inseams: Misses' 30", Petite 28", Medium Tall 32", Women's 30".

Honored Contributor

Talbots-

Linen Cotton Twill Wide Leg Pants

Getaway perfect: airy, easy-care pants in a flattering wide-leg silhouette.

Fly front with button

Drawstring waist

Inseam: Misses 31"; Petite 28 1/2"

55% linen/45% cotton

Machine wash

Imported

# D523489

Cotton Poplin Ankle Pants

A relaxed fit that's easy to wear . . . everywhere your downtime takes you!

Fly button front and drawstring waist

2 front welt and back patch pockets

Button roll-tab hem

Inseam: Misses 28 1/2"; Petite 26"; Woman 28 1/2"; Woman Petite 26"

Rolled Inseam: Misses 25"; Petite 22 1/2"; Woman 25"; Woman Petite 22 1/2"

100% cotton

Machine wash

Imported

# D544489