Super Contributor

Re: OMG.....Pat and Jayne The Cackling Twosome....

On 4/4/2015 Ford1224 said:

My very short second marriage ended when he said to my seven-year-old daughter, "stop babbling!" She was a happy little kid, and she scrunched down in her chair until she was practically under the table. That's when I realized I had to live alone with my children and never married again.

Words mean everything.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

I had my TV on QVC when I turned it on last night. Cackle, cackle is right. Then Jayne didn't even know if they were on next week. Pat just giggles. I changed the channel quickly. My QVC shopping is down to almost no orders at all.

Honored Contributor

My very short second marriage ended when he said to my seven-year-old daughter, "stop babbling!" She was a happy little kid, and she scrunched down in her chair until she was practically under the table. That's when I realized I had to live alone with my children and never married again.

Words mean everything.

How wise you are! And how blessed your children are to have you! Long ago, my husband's stepmother told me never to tell my children they are naughty, but what they DID was naughty. I know this is different from what you posted, but it is so true how words do mean everything. I never forgot her advice, and I've never told my children "they are _____." Those teenage years were - and still are - hard though! I have discussed this with students too. And I've taught classes on how to say things, and write letters, in a positive way.

I'll bet your daughter has never forgotten the way you stood up for her. And you saw your short-term DH for what he really was. I'll bet he thought twice about what he did!

I have a very close friend who was a young widow. She was lucky enough to find love again after her children were almost grown, and she accepted his eventual proposal. Something happened where he made it clear her children would in all circumstances come second to him (he had none, even though he was divorced), and the engagement and relationship were over. We liked him a lot, but she made the right choice.

A few years later she met a wonderful man. He is incredible and is perfect for her. I adore him! Like her he was widowed young, but unlike her he has no children. They are together and he is active in her children's lives. But she told me she will NEVER marry again!

I wish the two of you could meet! Smile

Honored Contributor

On 4/4/2015 beach-mom said:

Words mean everything.

How wise you are! And how blessed your children are to have you! Long ago, my husband's stepmother told me never to tell my children they are naughty, but what they DID was naughty. I know this is different from what you posted, but it is so true how words do mean everything. I never forgot her advice, and I've never told my children "they are _____." Those teenage years were - and still are - hard though! I have discussed this with students too. And I've taught classes on how to say things, and write letters, in a positive way.

I'll bet your daughter has never forgotten the way you stood up for her. And you saw your short-term DH for what he really was. I'll bet he thought twice about what he did!

I have a very close friend who was a young widow. She was lucky enough to find love again after her children were almost grown, and she accepted his eventual proposal. Something happened where he made it clear her children would in all circumstances come second to him (he had none, even though he was divorced), and the engagement and relationship were over. We liked him a lot, but she made the right choice.

A few years later she met a wonderful man. He is incredible and is perfect for her. I adore him! Like her he was widowed young, but unlike her he has no children. They are together and he is active in her children's lives. But she told me she will NEVER marry again!

I wish the two of you could meet! Smile

Yes, our stories are similar. I never talk about my second husband (fortunately we did not have a child together). I was only 35 when I divorced for the second and last time, so I knew I had a lot of tough years ahead of me. My children have always come first and they still do, and we muddled through, they all (but one) went to college on their own dimes (Pell Grants, scholarships, student loans, working their way through, and two of them (including my youngest, the daughter in my story) graduated magna c*um laude, and the third graduated c*um laude. They bought their own cars, paid their own car insurance, bought their own clothes, paid for their own weddings . . . I could go on and on.

My final relationship in my early forties through about 52 was my longest and best. We loved each other, but he lived at home with his mother and we never lived together, he would come on weekends. We were a couple for 12 years. He loved my girls and they loved him. Those were some of the best years for all of us. There was never any talk of marriage.

Back to words: My beloved mother, who loved us all very much and whom we loved. She was beautiful, intelligent, but very troubled from a horrible childhood. One time some words came out of her mouth that I had never heard her say before. I exclaimed, "Mom!" She turned to me and said, "[My name], you are just a stupid little Italian girl." I forgave her, as I realized the place she was in at the time . . . but I never forgot the words.

Like you, I never said anything like that to my children. I would tell them they did a bad thing, but I never said "You are . . . (anything)." Labeling a child can change him/her forever. I have "labeled" adults and others who have done me or mine harm, I do admit to that.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

JUST STOP BUYING! THERE'S NO BETTER WAY TO GET QVC'S ATTENTION! I DID!

Honored Contributor

Sorry, we got a little OT.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 4/4/2015 Sadiesadie said:
On 4/4/2015 05gage25 said:
On 4/4/2015 SoftRain said:

I totally enjoy them...their laughter is cheerful and shows a true friendship. However, I understand if it interferes with getting the info on the clothes for you. However, the clothes are not that appealing to me anymore. So, I guess I am watching just for the "fun" of it!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Life's short and I love to fill some of my time with laughter, even if at times if it's silly, and I'm just a viewer.

My thoughts exactly!! I'll take laughter any time....makes me feel good!!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Exactly. It makes you feel good and annoys me to pieces. It just seems that all the fashion shows (except maybe the LC one with Mary Beth) are "girlfriend" time oriented. I just want to know about the clothes in case I want to buy them. And it seems we are all about cackling on Q now so I buy more and more from LL Bean and Land's End so I won't have to listen to it. I just don't think they have much variety now.

Valued Contributor

I cannot stand them together...by the time they get thru their schoolgirl giggling,the time left for the product description is almost over! Also I feel that Jayne bullies Pat,which I do not like...so I have solved the problem,I do not watch them together!

Respected Contributor

On 4/4/2015 kelsey17 said:
On 4/4/2015 Sooner said:
On 4/4/2015 qualitygal said:

Every time I read one of these headings, I can't fathom why anyone watches if they object to hosts or anything about the hosts. I just don't get it.

Because some of us would LIKE to watch, with me especially in the morning while I'm getting ready for the day, and the screaming and giggling and "between us" jokes are so annoying to us we can't tune in to see some clothes and shoes we might like to have.

They are both lovely women, and I like them, but together, it is simply childish behavior and I think actually rude to the audience.

But then I also think those popcorn eating things put on here are rude too. If youhave something to add to the conversation, do it. Those pictures are cute once and childish and annoying thereafter and simply something you have to scroll through

I am with you on those thoughts....{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Me too!!

Respected Contributor

On 4/4/2015 weinie said:

Judge not les ye be judged. Get over it. Moan and groan. Be happy your alive. That's all I have to say

I don't consider the comments as judgment but as opinions to which everyone has a right.