Honored Contributor

They tell everyone to go down a size but that doesn't always work for plus sizes. I've been wearing NYDJ since the brand first started, long before they.  came to QVC.  I never sized down because I don't want skin tight jeans.  Some like tight jeans, some have egos that like going down a size.  

Honored Contributor

I love their shorts that I ordered I am so tempted by these for the Fall

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Bunched up around the knees...not looking good. 

The pants bunch around the knees when we bend them.  This happens to all the people wearing them and any pant.  It is normal.  If the pants did not allow for that, the wearer could not bend the knees.

We do not walk like Frankenstein, thankfully!

@NYCLatinaMe 

The bunching doesn't release b/c they are too tight. If they were the correct size then the fabric should fall away from the knee and look smooth, not all bunched up all of the time. Looks terrible imo.

I am not sure how a correct size "falls away."  When my pants fall away, they are too big.  I don't like to have to constantly pull them up.  Pants that do that go in the donation bin.  I like when pants are fitted at the knee. I think the look is slimming on curvy women like me.  Maybe you are very slim, and that influences your opinion as to how pants should fit?  To each their own.  I like them close to the body.

Respected Contributor
I’ve never sized down with NYDJ jeans, but every time I wear them, by noon I wish I would have.

Regardless, Angela looks fabulous. Her jeans are not too tight. I have these jeans in white and wear them all through the summer. I wouldn’t wear them to sit out all day at a ball tournament on a sunny July day, but they’re fine for the office.
Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The pants bunch around the knees when we bend them.  This happens to all the people wearing them and any pant.  It is normal.  If the pants did not allow for that, the wearer could not bend the knees.

@NYCLatinaMe 

The bunching doesn't release b/c they are too tight. If they were the correct size then the fabric should fall away from the knee and look smooth, not all bunched up all of the time. Looks terrible imo.

I am not sure how a correct size "falls away."  When my pants fall away, they are too big.  I don't like to have to constantly pull them up.  Pants that do that go in the donation bin.  I like when pants are fitted at the knee. I think the look is slimming on curvy women like me.  Maybe you are very slim, and that influences your opinion as to how pants should fit?  To each their own.  I like them close to the body.

It has nothing to do with body size.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe    The jeans are to supposed to stretch when the knees bend but her legs are so large there isn't enough stretch.  I have lots of jean capris including NYDJ, but none bunch up as hers did.

That style just isn't for her body type.  Not everyone can wear everything....or should.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Are these supposed to fit like leggings or jeggings?  

Respected Contributor

I thought that the jeans on the model on the home page fit too snug.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Are these supposed to fit like leggings or jeggings?  

It depends on what you want them to fit like. They have a size chart, it's b&m sizing.  I don't like tight jeans.  I wouldn't want a legging fit so if I was buying, I'd buy an 18.  Sure, I could get into a 16 but I wouldn't like how they looked.  Also the most certainly do not bag out or stretch over the day.  No modern jeans do that.  

Esteemed Contributor

IMHO they look terrible on everyone.