Valued Contributor

Re: OLD STOCK ON FASHION CLEARANCE

@Kachina624 ...  It's Jane Treacy ...  She owns EVERYTHING ...  doesn't matter who the designer is ... One of every color ...  Listen to her sometime, especially if she is on the air WITH the designer ...  Owns it all ...  Lol ...

Honored Contributor

@Graciesmom  Carolyn Gracie is just as bad, owns every item in 3 colors. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@Shanus, True, but at least Q was up front that yesterday was a "fashion clearance event." The unsuspecting weren't led to believe that they were selling fresh from the factory 2017 stuff. For that reason I was ok with old merchandise being sold. Had they been trying to promote the day as a fall fashion day the presentations of items from defunct brands would have rubbed me the wrong way.   Even though I have defended QVC, the only item I was tempted to buy was a vintage leather scrolled Tignanello crossbody.  Antonella showed it and I liked the style and colors.  It was $59, and I still may order it if the olive (they called it hunter) or brown are still in stock.  

@Trix  Fashion Clearance from a previous season is expected, but from 4 or 5 years ago? That not clearance. That's a rummage sale!!

Trusted Contributor

QVC should have an online "Rummage sale," Garage Sale," and a "Final Blowout" and get rid of its old merchandise once and for all. The costs for storing this stuff must be astronomical.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Somewhere in the Ivory Tower which is QVC,  there resides an executive who is a hoarder.   They keep junk until its old and smells like mildew then then try to foist it off on customers who they must think are dumber than dirt. 

Case in point:  Yesterday they were trying to sell a Rachael Zoe faux rodent vest they've had around for at least six years.  I have one around here somewhere that I forgot to return so I remember.  The road-kill coat's first cousin lives! 

@Kachina624  So true. I had ordered that Rachel Zoe faux fur vest...was it 5 or 6 yrs. ago? I sent it back pronto. It looked like my Grandma's furry toilet back covers!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Graciesmom wrote:

@Kachina624 ...  It's Jane Treacy ...  She owns EVERYTHING ...  doesn't matter who the designer is ... One of every color ...  Listen to her sometime, especially if she is on the air WITH the designer ...  Owns it all ...  Lol ...

Some of these hosts must has closets the size of Rhode Island!

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

QVC should have an online "Rummage sale," Garage Sale," and a "Final Blowout" and get rid of its old merchandise once and for all. The costs for storing this stuff must be astronomical.

@Squirrel Lover  What a fantastic idea! Will you post it in suggestion box?

Respected Contributor

It belonged to Great Auntie Fanny and they are sentimental about it but must part with it as the light bill has to be paid ! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624

lol  I remember buying that vest for my grandaughter  that was a tiny teenager at the time.now she is in her finale year of college,studying forensics..............lol

Talk about smelly items.........

I cannot tell you how glad I am for Fabreeze spray.I spray the items i really want ,put them outside in the breeze for a day,then wash/dry  them and spray again with Fabreeze just in case. It also takes out the massive wrinkles that they arrive in.

Esteemed Contributor

@adelle38 wrote:

They must have had the Jessica Holbrook Washable Suede Jacket on clearance for 10 years.

http://www.qvc.com/JessicaHolbrook-Washable-Suede-Fully-Lined-Jacket.product.A61625.html

@adelle38

Yes I have that wayyyyy in the back of my closet.......lol