Honored Contributor

OLD STOCK ON FASHION CLEARANCE

I've noticed Joe Zee, Liz Claiborne, SA Seth Aaron and many other designers/lines that haven't been on QVC for many years.

Been stored in bins in warehouse? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: OLD STOCK ON FASHION CLEARANCE

[ Edited ]

@Shanus

Yes that is very true! Even the new Dujour (please excuse spelling) items became very popular when they stopped selling  CitiKnits  and then they stopped selling Dujour too .......that is untill now.

They are selling old stock!

One of my   canceled items that shipped anyway   that caused a ruckus on a thread I started was a hoodie that was $80 I loved it so I ordered it,then noticed the reviews were dated 2014.....  BTW this was not on TV as a clearence item  I was just searching for a hoodie before I knew the TSV was gonna be one.

WOW   I thought sold in 2014/15   and still $80?... so that is why I cancelled it. But it shipped anyway and I complained starting an awful thread with everyone  telling me I had a  mental problem.......lol 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus, True, but at least Q was up front that yesterday was a "fashion clearance event." The unsuspecting weren't led to believe that they were selling fresh from the factory 2017 stuff. For that reason I was ok with old merchandise being sold. Had they been trying to promote the day as a fall fashion day the presentations of items from defunct brands would have rubbed me the wrong way.   Even though I have defended QVC, the only item I was tempted to buy was a vintage leather scrolled Tignanello crossbody.  Antonella showed it and I liked the style and colors.  It was $59, and I still may order it if the olive (they called it hunter) or brown are still in stock.  

Honored Contributor

They do that with jewelry as well.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I am pretty sure that's why they call it a 'clearance' sale

Honored Contributor

Not in bins but on the shelves in the wharehouses.  Seems like QVC is doing a major cleaning.

Honored Contributor

Somewhere in the Ivory Tower which is QVC,  there resides an executive who is a hoarder.   They keep junk until its old and smells like mildew then then try to foist it off on customers who they must think are dumber than dirt. 

Case in point:  Yesterday they were trying to sell a Rachael Zoe faux rodent vest they've had around for at least six years.  I have one around here somewhere that I forgot to return so I remember.  The road-kill coat's first cousin lives! 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!   So true!   

This LDO has the road kill cousin, which has been in stock since 2011,  beat by a mile...it's been around since 5/07!!   At least this tunic is quite nice...I tried it back in the day.  Granted it's a last click price, but how many could they possibly have left??   Donate this, Q!!

Linea by Louis Dell'Olio Embroidered Linen/Rayon Shirt Jacket - A05872

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Trusted Contributor

They must have had the Jessica Holbrook Washable Suede Jacket on clearance for 10 years.

http://www.qvc.com/JessicaHolbrook-Washable-Suede-Fully-Lined-Jacket.product.A61625.html

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF  @adelle38  I actually like that tunic; I wish they'd reorder it. 

Looks like they finally sold all the Jessica Holbrook jackets. They were a staple they'd drag out every year.  People loved them... Until they tried to actually wash them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment