Respected Contributor

OBI belt-so much for my earlier positive comments

Ordered the TSV in black and gold. Been extremely busy. Opened the bags, inspected the belts, all good. Wrong!  I finally actually tried it on. Omg the small isn't big enough to fit around a 10 year old. Of course now gold is on waitlist. I'm a size 4. What the heck?

Qvc really ticks me off about the recommendations on sizing. They'll probably try to charge me to return it. Grrrr. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: OBI belt-so much for my earlier positive comments

@Reba055 wrote:

Ordered the TSV in black and gold. Been extremely busy. Opened the bags, inspected the belts, all good. Wrong!  I finally actually tried it on. Omg the small isn't big enough to fit around a 10 year old. Of course now gold is on waitlist. I'm a size 4. What the heck?

Qvc really ticks me off about the recommendations on sizing. They'll probably try to charge me to return it. Grrrr. 

I know what you mean. Before I ordered, I checked the lengths, and the M/L was the same as the original obi, so that is what I ordered, 96". You would look at me and think that would be too big, but it's perfect.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Super Contributor

I would call Customer Service, as you must have received a defective belt. I received the small and it fits fine with spare leather to tie a knot/ bow. I really like the belt and if u do, I think it would be worth the time to make the call to QVC.

Respected Contributor

I ended up ordering this in the Doe in an XS/S and it fits fine with room to spare. I have a 26" waist and I have no problem with the length. It seems you may have received a defective belt that is too short. 

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

I bought it in pale blue and it was my fourth gili obi.  But, I went up a size, just as I did with all my obi belts.  I use my own judgement in such things and those belts cannot be too big but they can be to short.  Better safe than sorry.....that's my motto.