Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone own this belt? I am on the fence about spending so much money for a belt.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I seriously can't believe they're telling everyone that anyone can wear this belt.

Ridiculous.sigh

“One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.” ~ Plato
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I know.  That is why I am asking.  I am 5', petite, and I have short torso.  I think the belt may be too thick for me.  It looks nice, and I know it is leather, but I am skeptical. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
I do like this belt but I do not own it. I can not spend that much on a belt and I think it is overpriced by like $50+....It is very stylish but I can purchase so much more for my money for $96(s/h and sales tax)
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I seriously can't believe they're telling everyone that anyone can wear this belt.

Ridiculous.sigh

check out the convo on the AM style chat re this item

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@jersey girl57 wrote:

I know.  That is why I am asking.  I am 5', petite, and I have short torso.  I think the belt may be too thick for me.  It looks nice, and I know it is leather, but I am skeptical. 

Me too.  I am also short-waisted and I don't think-- scratch that-- I know it won't work for me.

Leah is also short-waisted and it looks terrible on her. (And she is tall.)

“One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.” ~ Plato
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I am going to check a few of the stores where I shop in my area. Perhaps they have something similar on sale.  I am thinking that a nice scarf wrapped and tied around the waist would look good too.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Ridiculous.sigh

check out the convo on the AM style chat re this item

I will.  Haven't particiipated in the AMS chat lately because I haven't been watching from the beginning.  blushing

Headed there now.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I almost hate to admit this, but I do own one. I don't wear it with nearly the variety of clothes that you see it on here. I am 5'7" and can barely pull it off, it has to be worn with the right outfit, like a long column dress or something. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this for someone 5' tall. I do have a different brand obi that is about half as wide as this one, and I think shorter women could wear that one. Don't ask me where I got it, can't remember! Amazon would be a good starting point.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Dear family and friends:

Please, I repeat please, do not give this belt to me for Christmas.

Thank you very much.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield