Esteemed Contributor

I would imagine this belt would roll down if you sat and got up. I do not like this belt at all and I dont think its worth half the price they are asking. JMHO!

Valued Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I almost hate to admit this, but I do own one. I don't wear it with nearly the variety of clothes that you see it on here. I am 5'7" and can barely pull it off, it has to be worn with the right outfit, like a long column dress or something. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this for someone 5' tall. I do have a different brand obi that is about half as wide as this one, and I think shorter women could wear that one. Don't ask me where I got it, can't remember! Amazon would be a good starting point.

@Lala Ann, I am 5'3 and short-waisted so I know the GILI obi would not work for me.  Like @MaggieMack, I purchased a narrower obi and it works for me.  If you like the obi style you should check for one that is not as widr.  It's hard to tell from the pic but it looked like the one from L&T that lolakimono posted might work.    

Honored Contributor

@Lala Ann

New at Zara- $36-

Image 2 of LEATHER SASH from Zara

Image 1 of LEATHER SASH from Zara

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Me too and I'm only 5ft 1 inch and short waisted. I own 2 in black and burgundy.