Honored Contributor

Re: OBI WRAP BELT

[ Edited ]

Dear Female family members, friends, & everyone I have met at least twice

PLEASE do not purchase the Obi Wrap Belt for yourself. I plan to order at least 100 and I will be giving them to you this year for your holiday gift.

I am so grateful to QVC for having this item as it will save me time trying to figure out individual gifts for each of you. Love QVC!  

Tique

On second thought it is sexist of me to only give this to the females. If you are a male, I will order you one also which you can pass along to your wife/SO/or mother. 

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

What's old is new again!

What was old is new again!...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lala Ann There is a seller on eBay Victor Sabo that sells handmade leather Obi belts from Canada. They are very reasonably priced. He has all colors and high reviews. I plan to order a couple vey soon.

~Live with Intention~
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ahh the obi belt. I confess to finding them on Amazon from a company,j Krisp, who sells a faux version for like $10. I ordered two. I wanted to see in an affordable way what all the "obi to do" was about. 😄 They arrived with a price tag $5.99 in British pounds. Made me smile. The size fit fine, but for 5'4" me I need a vest or jacket showcasing only a portion of my 30" short waist. Did that make any sense?😄 I have gotten compliments whenever I wear it, which spurs me on to lose weight and drop some girth.  I do agree tall, thin ladies are ideal for this style.  For anyone interested, check out Krisp.  

Honored Contributor

Everytime I see someone asking about this belt, I feel an intervention coming on.

@Lala Ann  I've said this before - do yourself a favor and check out all the obi's on amazon.com.  They have tons, tons of styles, tons of great colors, fabrics, leathers and faux leathers.  The prices are outrageously INexpensive too.

I'm betting you'll find a few obi's there for the price of this one.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Lala Ann  Amy Stran wears this belt on her shows on Monday nights when she has it.  I'm guessing you've seen her and how petite she is.  Amy looks great in the obi. 

Honored Contributor

@Lala Ann

Soft Surroundings has a leather one for $50-

Leather Obi Belt

L & T has one too, for $68.

Super Contributor
I caught them trying to sell it on the shorter model with the white tee shirt/pink obi. It looked like she was getting tied up and not in a good way. I'm sure there are people that can pull it off but I'm not one of them.
Honored Contributor

The Bay about 2 years ago for $11 each.  Don't remember seller but that was 2 years ago and price has probably gone up based on supply and demand.  Those people on the Bay learn about the American way of supply and demand very quickly.  Who can blame them? 

Esteemed Contributor

If I were inclined to by the Obi belt and spend that amount, I certainly would not buy it from GILI.  They have been around for years.   Everyone does not look good in the Obi, Jill (GILI) looks terrible in it.  Michelle the model and Amy look good in it...so either very tall or petite and very thin look good IMHO but my OBI days are over.