Frequent Contributor

Does anyone own this belt? I am on the fence about spending so much money for a belt.

Honored Contributor

I seriously can't believe they're telling everyone that anyone can wear this belt.

Ridiculous.sigh

Frequent Contributor

I know.  That is why I am asking.  I am 5', petite, and I have short torso.  I think the belt may be too thick for me.  It looks nice, and I know it is leather, but I am skeptical. 

Trusted Contributor
I do like this belt but I do not own it. I can not spend that much on a belt and I think it is overpriced by like $50+....It is very stylish but I can purchase so much more for my money for $96(s/h and sales tax)
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I seriously can't believe they're telling everyone that anyone can wear this belt.

Ridiculous.sigh

check out the convo on the AM style chat re this item

Honored Contributor

@jersey girl57 wrote:

I know.  That is why I am asking.  I am 5', petite, and I have short torso.  I think the belt may be too thick for me.  It looks nice, and I know it is leather, but I am skeptical. 

Me too.  I am also short-waisted and I don't think-- scratch that-- I know it won't work for me.

Leah is also short-waisted and it looks terrible on her. (And she is tall.)

Frequent Contributor

I am going to check a few of the stores where I shop in my area. Perhaps they have something similar on sale.  I am thinking that a nice scarf wrapped and tied around the waist would look good too.  

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Ridiculous.sigh

check out the convo on the AM style chat re this item

I will.  Haven't particiipated in the AMS chat lately because I haven't been watching from the beginning.  blushing

Headed there now.

Esteemed Contributor

I almost hate to admit this, but I do own one. I don't wear it with nearly the variety of clothes that you see it on here. I am 5'7" and can barely pull it off, it has to be worn with the right outfit, like a long column dress or something. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this for someone 5' tall. I do have a different brand obi that is about half as wide as this one, and I think shorter women could wear that one. Don't ask me where I got it, can't remember! Amazon would be a good starting point.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Dear family and friends:

Please, I repeat please, do not give this belt to me for Christmas.

Thank you very much.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield