Respected Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

I really have to laugh everytime I read a thread about the OBI Belt..Seriously...Do you all HONESTLY think that they would keep on selling this belt if it wasn't a MONEY MAKER..? You all put it down and you won't buy one and anyone who does is an idiot. Well....They have literally sold THOUSANDS of these belts and YES that is why you are seeing a OBI Belt TSV...So, I'm guessing that you all must be WRONG about this. Ya Think????

I think you are missing the point, we are making fun of how QVC promotes it, it's shameless! They will tie that thing around ANYTHING and call it fantastic They have sold a ton of them, the obi belt has been around since ancient times! We know it's not going away!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

I really have to laugh everytime I read a thread about the OBI Belt..Seriously...Do you all HONESTLY think that they would keep on selling this belt if it wasn't a MONEY MAKER..? You all put it down and you won't buy one and anyone who does is an idiot. Well....They have literally sold THOUSANDS of these belts and YES that is why you are seeing a OBI Belt TSV...So, I'm guessing that you all must be WRONG about this. Ya Think????

@Alexa6352 I agree! It's not just some 'harmless silly fun' directed toward Q. Some of the bashers even admit it, lol. This thread and previous ones about the belt are intended to rip into customers, posters and Jill Martin. Pretty much anything associated to the GILI line.

No different than the nasty threads about LOGO-I know the LOGO lovers on this thread flinging mud don't like being on the receiving end. It's meanspirited. I find it sad that some posters find this to be entertaining--nothing else better to do than rip into other posters?

This is the same kind of krap that was incessant when Lisa Robertson represented the line. Guess it's too much to expect to have a dialog on QVC about this belt or other GILI items without some nasty posters ganging up to slam the customers/items. No wonder why so many posters no longer participate here. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

image.jpg

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

Horror of Horrors! -----Just what I need a pastel snake wrapped around my waist. Around my neck would be a quicker death.

Honored Contributor

Well, at least it will be at a much lower price.  Nice colors, too!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

I wouldn't buy it at nearly $90 but at the TSV price I might try. I am on the thinner side of normal. One thing that makes me laugh is when they put it on over a leather jacket. That is just silly, who puts a belt on over a coat or jacket unless it is part of the piece. Even the pretty sales lady looks so funny with an Obi over a GILI leather jacket. Ruins the look of the jacket, and I have 2 of those,

But the belts do look really cute over some dresses.

I am going to try it in black...kind of worried I might really like it and want more colors!

Esteemed Contributor

Wonder how it would look over my PJ's.........

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Wonder how it would look over my PJ's.........

Well of course it would elevate your look and be extemely slimming!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Frequent Contributor

Now that's funny.  Thanks for the laugh.

Respected Contributor

I can't wait to see all the posts on that day.  Yes, I agree QVC must be selling a lot of them, but I don't see many women, no matter the age, that would want that thing on them.  It looks painful.