Super Contributor

Re: O/T do you like to iron?

Love to iron....although its harder at my age to stand for a long period of time. However I can't STAND wrinkles in anything. So I still iron my pillow cases and do a swipe with the iron on my sheets. Polish upbringing !!!!

Trusted Contributor

Funny you should mention Polish upbringing.....my mother starched and ironed not only pillowcases,but my father's shorts!
Honored Contributor

I do not like to iron either but I hate wearing polyester even more so I iron or take to cleaners.

Honored Contributor

Ironing is a modern torture, on par with the methods used during the Spanish Inquisition.

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

My ''Rowenta"" iron makes ironing not the chore it use to be. Wouldn't iron without it !

Trusted Contributor

Love wisdom of Erma Bombeck! She hits it out of the park every time. Mindy....good comparison. Ironing=Spanish Inquistion. Too funny!
Contributor

I don't necessarliy like to iron but love things wrinkle free so I end up ironing all the time. My husband likes his things ironed also so our iron gets used a lot. I hear people say they don't even own one and can't imagine that. Guess I'm too ""old school"" for that.

Occasional Contributor

The ironing part is ok. I can take it or leave it, but I love freshly ironed clothes!!!
Honored Contributor

Funny timing of this thread. Yesterday I officially donated to Salvation Army...my iron & iron board. Years since I've used. If I need any wrinkles out, I use my steamer...if that. Woot!