Esteemed Contributor

Re: O/T do you like to iron?

On 8/22/2014 happy housewife said:

I would not exactly say I like to iron but I do not mind ironing. I like the end result.

I agree. Sometimes a person has to iron their clothing.

Honored Contributor

On 8/22/2014 Craftie said:

Love to iron, there is something very pleasing about fresh ironed clothing hanging in your closet. I love to hang my clothes outside in the sun to dry too. I can't wear wrinkled clothing, I even put a crease in all my pants from slacks to capris' to jeans.

With the exception of hanging my clothes outside, this could be my reply. Thanks Craftie.

I no longer take most of my clothes to the dry cleaners any more but when I did, I used to have to re-iron almost everything anyway. They would put creases in the wrong places on jackets and pants. I like my pants to be creased rignt down the middle of my leg so that requires them to be folded on a seam and then ironed.

It amazes me now many people spend so much money on their clothes and then put them on with wrinkles and folds every where.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't list ironing as a hobby on my resume, but I iron for a couple reasons.

1. I won't hang clothing in my closet in need of ironing/pressing.

2. I don't want my laundry room cluttered up with clothes in need of ironing/pressing.

The joy comes from the end result -- unless something is in the laundry or at the dry cleaners it is "ready to wear".

Super Contributor

No. I never iron. I don't buy anything that needs to be ironed.

Respected Contributor

I don't love it, but I do feel many clothing items really need it.

So I complete the chore.

New Contributor

I will put something in the dryer with a damp cloth to take wrinkles out or hang it in the bathroom then turn on hot water so I don't have to iron. HATE it! Yes, hate is a strong word, but it fits. If that doesn't work, I use the steamer I purchased from the Q, but only as a last resort. I don't even like to do thatl

Trusted Contributor

On 8/23/2014 Tique said:
On 8/22/2014 Craftie said:

Love to iron, there is something very pleasing about fresh ironed clothing hanging in your closet. I love to hang my clothes outside in the sun to dry too. I can't wear wrinkled clothing, I even put a crease in all my pants from slacks to capris' to jeans.

With the exception of hanging my clothes outside, this could be my reply. Thanks Craftie.

I no longer take most of my clothes to the dry cleaners any more but when I did, I used to have to re-iron almost everything anyway. They would put creases in the wrong places on jackets and pants. I like my pants to be creased rignt down the middle of my leg so that requires them to be folded on a seam and then ironed.

It amazes me now many people spend so much money on their clothes and then put them on with wrinkles and folds every where.

Your welcome, I feel the same way you do, it always had puzzled me how people can spend so much on their clothing and then not take care of it, I have had compliments on my clothing always looking new and what do I do to keep it that way.

Frequent Contributor

I used to hate ironing too. I would go over and over a spot but never get all the wrinkles out and it was too frustrating. I would have rather worn wrinkles than fight the iron I had and, for a while at least, I made a point of limiting my clothing to things that could be "de-wrinkled" in the dryer. I finally bought a Rowenta and now I can iron and get the results I always was wanting in no time. I'll admit it sounds a little creepy to actually say it, but I sort of enjoy ironing now!

Respected Contributor

HATE IT!!!! Takes hrs every week- UGH!!!

Valued Contributor

I don't have many clothing items that require ironing and the ones that do only require light ironing. I probably have 4 items weekly that require it so it isn't overwhelming.