Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: O/T do you like to iron?

I like to hit my irons on the golf course.

Honored Contributor

Don't like to iron, but it makes everything look so much better it's worth it. Spray sizing gives me a fantastic result and cuts the time too! My white and cream slacks never have something stain them because the sizing provides a thin barrier and keeps me from wrinkling.

Respected Contributor

That would be a BIG NO for me, but I do it because it makes so many of my clothes look better. I don't mind laundry, changing sheets and towels, folding laundry. I just dislike ironing.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with 2zbeach, the OP. I hate to iron but think it is a necessary evil so I do it. Imho... all clothes, even the so-called no iron ones, look better when they have been ironed.

Honored Contributor

I used to love to iron.........and vacuum, too. Very relaxing, as I recall. Not so much anymore.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Frequent Contributor

DH's shirts go to the laundry. Regular weekly pickup every Thursday. But my ironing board stays up in the laundry room all the time. We don't do wrinkles in our house. We both like to iron so there's no problem here. Whoever has time does the ironing. I do the washing.
Honored Contributor

My father-in-law (his wife was an opera singer) is very musical. He said that he likes to iron listening to Brahms. Why? I would ask. Because it's a lonely activity. And Listening to Brahms is lonely too.

I don't mind it. With my clothes. But I hate it if I have to iron my husband's shirts.

Super Contributor

I do not LIKE to, but I will not wear a wrinkled garment out of the house EVER, so I do iron.
Esteemed Contributor

Our cleaners does it or $1.20 a shirt. Money well spent!

Valued Contributor

HATE IT. I steam or nothing. That's how I roll.